Create a card!!

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

This forum so far blows so I've decided to give it the old
fashioned "Create a Card" pitch. Each day if possible I'll come here and
create a sub-type/type of card as in Blue Sorcery, Legendary Beast,
Artifact Equipment and so on. Your jobs are to make new, original or
better versions of the type of card displayed.

Today I'll start with a Goblin.

__No_Name__ Cost: 2RR
Goblin Berzerker

When ______ comes into play, destroy target artifact or land.

Sacrifice ______: Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.

2/1
6 answers Last reply
More about create card
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

    Tommy Luke wrote:

    > This forum so far blows so I've decided to give it the old
    > fashioned "Create a Card" pitch. Each day if possible I'll come here and
    > create a sub-type/type of card as in Blue Sorcery, Legendary Beast,
    > Artifact Equipment and so on. Your jobs are to make new, original or
    > better versions of the type of card displayed.
    >
    > Today I'll start with a Goblin.
    >
    > __No_Name__ Cost: 2RR
    > Goblin Berzerker
    >
    > When ______ comes into play, destroy target artifact or land.
    >
    > Sacrifice ______: Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
    >
    > 2/1

    Gleep. This is *way* undercosted. You've got a card that is
    both a Demolish and a Shock Troops for the cost of only one
    of those cards.

    --
    Christopher Mattern

    "Which one you figure tracked us?"
    "The ugly one, sir."
    "...Could you be more specific?"
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

    In news:IIWdnVUWuOjgY4nfRVn-2w@comcast.com,
    Chris Mattern <matternc@comcast.net> rambled:
    > Tommy Luke wrote:
    >
    >> This forum so far blows so I've decided to give it the old
    >> fashioned "Create a Card" pitch. Each day if possible I'll come here
    >> and create a sub-type/type of card as in Blue Sorcery, Legendary
    >> Beast, Artifact Equipment and so on. Your jobs are to make new,
    >> original or better versions of the type of card displayed.
    >>
    >> Today I'll start with a Goblin.
    >>
    >> __No_Name__ Cost: 2RR
    >> Goblin Berzerker
    >>
    >> When ______ comes into play, destroy target artifact or land.
    >>
    >> Sacrifice ______: Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
    >>
    >> 2/1
    >
    > Gleep. This is *way* undercosted. You've got a card that is
    > both a Demolish and a Shock Troops for the cost of only one
    > of those cards.

    Agreed. Something along the lines of:

    NoName Goblin
    3RR
    Creature -- Goblin Berserker
    When NoName Goblin comes into play, you may destroy target land.
    R, Sacrifice NoName Goblin: NoName Goblin deals 2 damage to target creature
    or player and 2 damage to you. This damage cannot be prevented or
    redirected.
    2/1

    might be a little more fair. 2RR is severely undercosted for your card.
    Here, I've upped the colorless requirement by 1, and added 2 damage to you
    on its activated ability. Also, it's land destruction ability has become a
    "may" ability, just in case your opponent controls no land (for some
    reason). This probably also needs tweaking, but I think it's a more balanced
    version than your original.

    --

    KB

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

    Yeah, I know. Original version was:

    Goblin Berzerker Cost: 2RR

    When ______ comes into play choose one: Deal 2 damage to target
    creature; destroy target land; or destroy target artifact.

    2/2

    I play P-5 (Peasant 5-Color*) alot where I live and every 6 months we
    hold a tournament where the winner gets to a design a card. The card is
    then reviewed to not be broken and then an artist does the artwork and
    the designer gets 20 copies of it. Usually a really great card but not
    the likes of A. Recall or Yawgmoth's Will is made. This card is allowed
    for P-5 games and events in our city.

    * Peasant 5-Color is a format simular to 250 5-Color. The only noticable
    difference is that no rares are used except for Contract from Below and
    Jeweled Bird. These two are also unrestricted since the format uses the
    ante variant.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

    Nice card but if it's going to hit yourself too it's activated ability
    should be free. six mana to destroy a land, 2 dmg to you and a target of
    your choice and a 2/1? I'd rather play Siege-Gang or Arc-Slogger.

    How about:

    __________ 3RR
    Goblin Berzerker
    Haste
    When ________ comes into play destroy target land.
    When ________ leaves play, deal 2 damage to target creature.
    2/2
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

    Nah, it's a BEEZERRRKERRR. If player A is stupid enough to play it when the
    opponent has no land, he should lose one of his own.

    "Briscobar" <youcant@sendmespam.com> wrote in message
    > In news:IIWdnVUWuOjgY4nfRVn-2w@comcast.com,
    > Chris Mattern <matternc@comcast.net> rambled:
    >> Tommy Luke wrote:
    >>
    >>> This forum so far blows so I've decided to give it the old
    >>> fashioned "Create a Card" pitch. Each day if possible I'll come here
    >>> and create a sub-type/type of card as in Blue Sorcery, Legendary
    >>> Beast, Artifact Equipment and so on. Your jobs are to make new,
    >>> original or better versions of the type of card displayed.
    >>>
    >>> Today I'll start with a Goblin.
    >>>
    >>> __No_Name__ Cost: 2RR
    >>> Goblin Berzerker
    >>>
    >>> When ______ comes into play, destroy target artifact or land.
    >>>
    >>> Sacrifice ______: Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
    >>>
    >>> 2/1
    >>
    >> Gleep. This is *way* undercosted. You've got a card that is
    >> both a Demolish and a Shock Troops for the cost of only one
    >> of those cards.
    >
    > Agreed. Something along the lines of:
    >
    > NoName Goblin
    > 3RR
    > Creature -- Goblin Berserker
    > When NoName Goblin comes into play, you may destroy target land.
    > R, Sacrifice NoName Goblin: NoName Goblin deals 2 damage to target
    > creature
    > or player and 2 damage to you. This damage cannot be prevented or
    > redirected.
    > 2/1
    >
    > might be a little more fair. 2RR is severely undercosted for your card.
    > Here, I've upped the colorless requirement by 1, and added 2 damage to you
    > on its activated ability. Also, it's land destruction ability has become a
    > "may" ability, just in case your opponent controls no land (for some
    > reason). This probably also needs tweaking, but I think it's a more
    > balanced
    > version than your original.
    >
    > --
    >
    > KB
    >
    > Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

    You know you can create any type of goblin. Not just comment on mine.

    Here's two more:

    Creature- Goblin

    You may sacrifice a mountain and pay 2 life instead of paying
    _________'s casting cost.

    2/2

    Creature- Goblin Wizard

    Sacrifice _________: Tap all plains.