Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Create a card!!

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 3:14:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

This forum so far blows so I've decided to give it the old
fashioned "Create a Card" pitch. Each day if possible I'll come here and
create a sub-type/type of card as in Blue Sorcery, Legendary Beast,
Artifact Equipment and so on. Your jobs are to make new, original or
better versions of the type of card displayed.

Today I'll start with a Goblin.

__No_Name__ Cost: 2RR
Goblin Berzerker

When ______ comes into play, destroy target artifact or land.

Sacrifice ______: Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.

2/1

More about : create card

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 6:28:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Tommy Luke wrote:

> This forum so far blows so I've decided to give it the old
> fashioned "Create a Card" pitch. Each day if possible I'll come here and
> create a sub-type/type of card as in Blue Sorcery, Legendary Beast,
> Artifact Equipment and so on. Your jobs are to make new, original or
> better versions of the type of card displayed.
>
> Today I'll start with a Goblin.
>
> __No_Name__ Cost: 2RR
> Goblin Berzerker
>
> When ______ comes into play, destroy target artifact or land.
>
> Sacrifice ______: Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
>
> 2/1

Gleep. This is *way* undercosted. You've got a card that is
both a Demolish and a Shock Troops for the cost of only one
of those cards.

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 7:32:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

In news:IIWdnVUWuOjgY4nfRVn-2w@comcast.com,
Chris Mattern <matternc@comcast.net> rambled:
> Tommy Luke wrote:
>
>> This forum so far blows so I've decided to give it the old
>> fashioned "Create a Card" pitch. Each day if possible I'll come here
>> and create a sub-type/type of card as in Blue Sorcery, Legendary
>> Beast, Artifact Equipment and so on. Your jobs are to make new,
>> original or better versions of the type of card displayed.
>>
>> Today I'll start with a Goblin.
>>
>> __No_Name__ Cost: 2RR
>> Goblin Berzerker
>>
>> When ______ comes into play, destroy target artifact or land.
>>
>> Sacrifice ______: Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
>>
>> 2/1
>
> Gleep. This is *way* undercosted. You've got a card that is
> both a Demolish and a Shock Troops for the cost of only one
> of those cards.

Agreed. Something along the lines of:

NoName Goblin
3RR
Creature -- Goblin Berserker
When NoName Goblin comes into play, you may destroy target land.
R, Sacrifice NoName Goblin: NoName Goblin deals 2 damage to target creature
or player and 2 damage to you. This damage cannot be prevented or
redirected.
2/1

might be a little more fair. 2RR is severely undercosted for your card.
Here, I've upped the colorless requirement by 1, and added 2 damage to you
on its activated ability. Also, it's land destruction ability has become a
"may" ability, just in case your opponent controls no land (for some
reason). This probably also needs tweaking, but I think it's a more balanced
version than your original.

--

KB

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com
Related resources
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 8:09:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Yeah, I know. Original version was:

Goblin Berzerker Cost: 2RR

When ______ comes into play choose one: Deal 2 damage to target
creature; destroy target land; or destroy target artifact.

2/2

I play P-5 (Peasant 5-Color*) alot where I live and every 6 months we
hold a tournament where the winner gets to a design a card. The card is
then reviewed to not be broken and then an artist does the artwork and
the designer gets 20 copies of it. Usually a really great card but not
the likes of A. Recall or Yawgmoth's Will is made. This card is allowed
for P-5 games and events in our city.

* Peasant 5-Color is a format simular to 250 5-Color. The only noticable
difference is that no rares are used except for Contract from Below and
Jeweled Bird. These two are also unrestricted since the format uses the
ante variant.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 8:15:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Nice card but if it's going to hit yourself too it's activated ability
should be free. six mana to destroy a land, 2 dmg to you and a target of
your choice and a 2/1? I'd rather play Siege-Gang or Arc-Slogger.

How about:

__________ 3RR
Goblin Berzerker
Haste
When ________ comes into play destroy target land.
When ________ leaves play, deal 2 damage to target creature.
2/2
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:59:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Nah, it's a BEEZERRRKERRR. If player A is stupid enough to play it when the
opponent has no land, he should lose one of his own.


"Briscobar" <youcant@sendmespam.com> wrote in message
news:37kgq6F5ebm8cU1@individual.net...
> In news:IIWdnVUWuOjgY4nfRVn-2w@comcast.com,
> Chris Mattern <matternc@comcast.net> rambled:
>> Tommy Luke wrote:
>>
>>> This forum so far blows so I've decided to give it the old
>>> fashioned "Create a Card" pitch. Each day if possible I'll come here
>>> and create a sub-type/type of card as in Blue Sorcery, Legendary
>>> Beast, Artifact Equipment and so on. Your jobs are to make new,
>>> original or better versions of the type of card displayed.
>>>
>>> Today I'll start with a Goblin.
>>>
>>> __No_Name__ Cost: 2RR
>>> Goblin Berzerker
>>>
>>> When ______ comes into play, destroy target artifact or land.
>>>
>>> Sacrifice ______: Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
>>>
>>> 2/1
>>
>> Gleep. This is *way* undercosted. You've got a card that is
>> both a Demolish and a Shock Troops for the cost of only one
>> of those cards.
>
> Agreed. Something along the lines of:
>
> NoName Goblin
> 3RR
> Creature -- Goblin Berserker
> When NoName Goblin comes into play, you may destroy target land.
> R, Sacrifice NoName Goblin: NoName Goblin deals 2 damage to target
> creature
> or player and 2 damage to you. This damage cannot be prevented or
> redirected.
> 2/1
>
> might be a little more fair. 2RR is severely undercosted for your card.
> Here, I've upped the colorless requirement by 1, and added 2 damage to you
> on its activated ability. Also, it's land destruction ability has become a
> "may" ability, just in case your opponent controls no land (for some
> reason). This probably also needs tweaking, but I think it's a more
> balanced
> version than your original.
>
> --
>
> KB
>
> Briscobar AT gmail DOT com
>
>
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:06:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

You know you can create any type of goblin. Not just comment on mine.

Here's two more:

___________ 2R
Creature- Goblin

You may sacrifice a mountain and pay 2 life instead of paying
_________'s casting cost.

2/2


___________ 1R
Creature- Goblin Wizard

Sacrifice _________: Tap all plains.

2/1