Create a card. The next Darksteel Colossus or Polar Kraken.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Here's a few I was thinking up.

________ Kraken 7UU
Creature- Beast

You may play _________ anytime you could play an instant.

________ is unblockable.

7/7

___________ 7WG
Creature- Wurm

Trample

When ________ comes into play, if you played it from your hand, choose
one: destroy lands or destroy all other creatures.

6/6

___________ 6GGG
Creature- Wurm

Trample

___________ comes into play tapped.

11/11

___________ 7BBB
Creature- Horror

BBB: Look at target player's hand. Discard a creature card from it.

BBB: Destroy target creature. It can't be regenerated.

BBB: Remove target creature card in any player's graveyard from the
game.
9/9

___________ 6RR
Legendary Creature- Dragon

Flying

(t): Deal 6 damage to each opponent and each opponents' creatures. This
damage can't be prevented.
6/6

and one I've wanted to make for years... but now with a new mechanic.

Yawgmoth, Lord of Phyrexia 4BBBB
Legendary Creature- Planeswalker

Protection from artifacts

B, Pay 2 life: Destroy target artifact or non-legendary creature.

Yawgmoth is indestructable.

6/5

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

In news:557-421B7BEB-244@storefull-3231.bay.webtv.net,
Tommy Luke <KazuyaZero@webtv.net> rambled:
> Here's a few I was thinking up.
>
> ________ Kraken 7UU
> Creature- Beast
>
> You may play _________ anytime you could play an instant.
>
> ________ is unblockable.
>
> 7/7

It's a definite Timmy card. Here's one:

Temporal Beast
6UU
When Temporal Beast comes into play choose one - Temporal Beast gains
"Temporal Beasts you control can only be blocked by blue creatures"; or take
an extra turn after this one.
Flying
5/6

Basically, it makes you decide between the "now" (taking an extra turn) or
the "later" (having potential unblockability for the rest of the game).

How about one more:

Colossus of Solidarity
7
If you played Colossus of Solidarity from your hand, it has trample.
If you control no other creatures, Golem of Solidarity is indestructable.
Golem of Solidarity gets -1/-1 for each other creature you control.
Other creatures you control get -1/-1.
11/11

Doesn't play well with other creatures you control, obviously. This
encourages hardcasting it, but it would basically require you to play no
creatures before turn 7 (unless you want to kill them all). You can't play
this if you have 11 or more creatures in play. You can't play x/1 creatures,
or they die when this comes into play. It enjoys being alone. Having one
line of defense, even a strong one, isn't optimal, but can be quite a
finisher.

--

KB

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Neat idea with the Colossus.

How about this one:

Colossus of Solitude (7)
Artifact Creature

Colossus of Solitude can't be blocked by fewer than three creatures.

When Colossus of Solitude comes into play, sacrifice all other creatures
you contol. You can't play creature spells.
8/8

Briscobar wrote:

> How about one more:
>
> Colossus of Solidarity
> 7
> If you played Colossus of Solidarity from your hand, it has trample.
> If you control no other creatures, Golem of Solidarity is indestructable.
> Golem of Solidarity gets -1/-1 for each other creature you control.
> Other creatures you control get -1/-1.
> 11/11
>
> Doesn't play well with other creatures you control, obviously. This
> encourages hardcasting it, but it would basically require you to play no
> creatures before turn 7 (unless you want to kill them all).

Or, say, turn 3.

Turn 1: Urza's Mine
Turn 2: Urza's Power Plant
Turn 3: Urza's Tower, 11/11 indestructible trampler

Possibly a little too easy to get out early. If you're willing to wait
until turn 4, you can Sylvan Scrying on turn 2 and/or 3 to get the
missing Urza's lands.

Cheers,
Grant

Grant Anderson wrote:

> Briscobar wrote:
>
>> How about one more:
>>
>> Colossus of Solidarity
>> 7
>> If you played Colossus of Solidarity from your hand, it has trample.
>> If you control no other creatures, Golem of Solidarity is indestructable.
>> Golem of Solidarity gets -1/-1 for each other creature you control.
>> Other creatures you control get -1/-1.
>> 11/11
>>
>> Doesn't play well with other creatures you control, obviously. This
>> encourages hardcasting it, but it would basically require you to play no
>> creatures before turn 7 (unless you want to kill them all).

"Encourages hardcasting it"? Sorry. I'll Animate it and give up the
trample, no problem. This would go very well in a black deck,
actually. Play critters until you're set to get the Colossus in play,
then sac all your critters to the black "sacrifice critters for
something good" effect of your choice, and then play/animate the
Colossus.

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

In news:eek:OKdnWjJeZj8T4bfRVn-iQ@comcast.com,
Chris Mattern <matternc@comcast.net> rambled:

> "Encourages hardcasting it"? Sorry. I'll Animate it and give up the
> trample, no problem. This would go very well in a black deck,
> actually. Play critters until you're set to get the Colossus in play,
> then sac all your critters to the black "sacrifice critters for
> something good" effect of your choice, and then play/animate the
> Colossus.

Hmm. Important fact I overlooked. It can be animated. I suppose Type 1 could
make use of this guy, since there are currently multiple decks based around
getting large (mostly artifacts) fatties into play ("Cerebral Assassin",
which gets Sundering Titan into play via Goblin Welder and Animate Dead, and
Dragon Combo which gets Worldgorger Dragon into play via Animate Dead or
Necromancy). I suppose, given the chance, that a turn one or two 11/11
indestructable is pretty frickin good. However, if you weld this in with
Goblin Welder, the Welder will die immediately, which is fair, IMO, since
Goblin Welder is stupidly overpowered. But using animate spells on it as
early as turn 1 is just nuts. I wonder how we can incorporate a
"non-animate" ability into it? Perhaps something like Darksteel Colossus'
replacement effect? It's already got a lot of abilities as it is, does it
need more? (Or, does it even need the ones it has?)

--

KB

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Legendary Goliath, 10/1 5GGGGG, Trample, Can't be countered, Can't be
targeted by opponent, Can't be sacrificed, Casting cost is reduced with G
for each land target opponent controls. When this comes into play, each
opponent puts a 1/1 creature token with first strike into play.

"Tommy Luke" <KazuyaZero@webtv.net> schreef in bericht
> Here's a few I was thinking up.
>
> ________ Kraken 7UU
> Creature- Beast
>
> You may play _________ anytime you could play an instant.
>
> ________ is unblockable.
>
> 7/7

Fun blue ability, save mana for counter and still play creatures. To bad it
gets haste this way too.

> ___________ 7WG
> Creature- Wurm
>
> Trample
>
> When ________ comes into play, if you played it from your hand, choose
> one: destroy lands or destroy all other creatures.
>
> 6/6
>
> ___________ 6GGG
> Creature- Wurm
>
> Trample
>
> ___________ comes into play tapped.
>
> 11/11
>
> ___________ 7BBB
> Creature- Horror
>
> BBB: Look at target player's hand. Discard a creature card from it.
>
> BBB: Destroy target creature. It can't be regenerated.
>
> BBB: Remove target creature card in any player's graveyard from the
> game.
> 9/9
>
> ___________ 6RR
> Legendary Creature- Dragon
>
> Flying
>
> (t): Deal 6 damage to each opponent and each opponents' creatures. This
> damage can't be prevented.
> 6/6
>
> and one I've wanted to make for years... but now with a new mechanic.
>
> Yawgmoth, Lord of Phyrexia 4BBBB
> Legendary Creature- Planeswalker
>
> Protection from artifacts
>
> B, Pay 2 life: Destroy target artifact or non-legendary creature.
>
> Yawgmoth is indestructable.
>
> 6/5

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

__________ 4RR
Creature- Beast

Haste

__________ gets -1/-1 for each land in play.

12/12

__________ 5BG
Legendary Creature- Horror

When __________ comes into play, choose an opponent.

__________'s */* is equal to your opponent's life total.

If you played _________ from anywhere but your hand, you lose the game.

*/*

___________ 5UU
Creature- Elemental

Flying

Skip your next turn: __________ gets +5/+5 until end of the turn. Use
this ability only once a turn.

5/5

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

___________ 6GGG
Creature- Insect

At the beginning of your upkeep, put two +1/+1 counters on ___________.

6/6

___________ 7GGG
Creature- Wurm

At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice three forests or sacrifice
__________.

__________ can't be the target of your opponents' spells or abilities.

12/12

KazuyaZero@webtv.net wrote:
> ___________ 6GGG
> Creature- Insect
> At the beginning of your upkeep, put two +1/+1 counters on ___________.
> 6/6
> Creature- Wurm
> At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice three forests or sacrifice
> __________ can't be the target of your opponents' spells or abilities.
> 12/12

Thanks

sieragirl7486@duskmail.com