XP Media Center / Wordperfect/ Outlook Express ?

When I configured my 8400's software package I selected WordPerfect instead
of Microsoft Word. Now when I open My E-mail Client OutLook Express, I have
no spell check ability, and from what I understand, I have to have Word In
order for Outlook to incorporate a spell check database.

Does anyone Know what my cheapest option is? I use Outlook every day, and
wish I would have known my option to pick wordperfect was going to cause
this.

Is their a Productivity pack I can purchase?(cheap). Is their someway I can
force or associated the spell check function with Wordperfect to operate
with Outlook. Looking for options

Thanks
Mike

"Michael P. Bassler" <texbaz@airmail.net> wrote:

>When I configured my 8400's software package I selected WordPerfect instead
>of Microsoft Word. Now when I open My E-mail Client OutLook Express, I have
>no spell check ability, and from what I understand, I have to have Word In
>order for Outlook to incorporate a spell check database.

Ditch OE for a real email client. Every email client I've ever
used in lieu of that PoS OE has come with its own spell checking
program.
--
OJ III

"Michael P. Bassler" <texbaz@airmail.net> wrote in message
> When I configured my 8400's software package I selected WordPerfect
> instead of Microsoft Word. Now when I open My E-mail Client OutLook
> Express, I have no spell check ability, and from what I understand, I
> have to have Word In order for Outlook to incorporate a spell check
> database.
>
> Does anyone Know what my cheapest option is? I use Outlook every day, and
> wish I would have known my option to pick wordperfect was going to cause
> this.
>
> Is their a Productivity pack I can purchase?(cheap). Is their someway I
> can force or associated the spell check function with Wordperfect to
> operate with Outlook. Looking for options
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Just buy an OEM copy of Word or the Works Suite (comes with Word). Anything
from Word XP (probably Word 97) on will work.

Tom

"Michael P. Bassler" <texbaz@airmail.net> wrote in message
> When I configured my 8400's software package I selected WordPerfect
> instead of Microsoft Word. Now when I open My E-mail Client OutLook
> Express, I have no spell check ability, and from what I understand, I
> have to have Word In order for Outlook to incorporate a spell check
> database.
>
> Does anyone Know what my cheapest option is? I use Outlook every day, and
> wish I would have known my option to pick wordperfect was going to cause
> this.
>
> Is their a Productivity pack I can purchase?(cheap). Is their someway I
> can force or associated the spell check function with Wordperfect to
> operate with Outlook. Looking for options
>
> Thanks
> Mike

How about free?

http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

I've used it for ages. No noticeable difference from the Word dictionary
spellcheck.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Michael P. Bassler wrote:
> When I configured my 8400's software package I selected WordPerfect instead
> of Microsoft Word. Now when I open My E-mail Client OutLook Express, I have
> no spell check ability, and from what I understand, I have to have Word In
> order for Outlook to incorporate a spell check database.
>
> Does anyone Know what my cheapest option is? I use Outlook every day, and
> wish I would have known my option to pick wordperfect was going to cause
> this.
>
> Is their a Productivity pack I can purchase?(cheap). Is their someway I can
> force or associated the spell check function with Wordperfect to operate
> with Outlook. Looking for options
>
> Thanks
> Mike

This is a "Known" problem with Outlook Express!!

There are a number of Free "Add-Ons" for resolving this.

I have established (via Google) the following link:-
http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

Please note that I have NOT personally used this particular, but I hope
it resolves your problem!

Regards,
John

I went with the FREE spell checker from http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/
it seems to be just fine for E-mail.
I have Office 97 and installed Word97 but I kept getting an error message
telling me a file could not be found when I tried to use the spell check
function. I have actually found info that tells me why that happened so I
could actually reinstall my word97 install the appropriate missing file and
probably get it to function. I'll run the the Free from Vampirefo for awhile
see how it does
Thanks
Mike
Thanks