I am trying to find a gaming laptop under about $1400. I am mainly looking at either the ASUS G-74sx or maybe the MSI GT780 but the msi seems more expensive. I really really want the ASUS G74sx. I would only get the MSI if there was a lot of reason to get it over the G74sx. Also, I am wondering if there is much difference between the i7-2630 and the i7-2670. Would it really matter which i7 processor I got?
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not too important but probably at least 3 hours on power-saving mode
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
Browsing the internet, watching movies, homework
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
at least 8-12GB of RAM and 500GB HDD (I'm not sure if I need a bigger HDD. It is cheaper to buy a bigger HDD or a second one or whatever later on if I need it right? I can also probably buy more RAM if I need it. Will 8/12 GB of RAM versus 16GB or 500GB versus 1TB make a difference performance-wise?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Newegg or Amazon or any good reputable website
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4-6 years, if it survives that long.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer. Bluray ROM would be nice but not necessary.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Probably ASUS or MSI. I heard ASUS is reliable. It doesn't matter too much to me though as long as the laptop has good reviews and is good quality and will last a long time!
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I have spent a lot of time researching and lurking for a good gaming laptop for awhile now. I found this asus g74sx for $1300 here a few days ago, but I didn't jump on it because I wasn't sure if it was a good deal:
I'm also curious what the difference between these two asus g74sx is because I can't seem to find the difference, but they are priced the same now but their MSRP greatly differ for some reason I can't figure out...
I'll check these laptops out! How are the reviews for the Sager NP7170? How is Sager's customer service/tech support? Also are the Radeon GPUs better than the GTX? Thanks for the help, really appreciate it!
Yeah I forgot to edit that part :x Um I don't think it'd be worth getting a desktop because I'm in college and I go from my home and apartment and school a lot and I'd like to have everything in one machine. Thanks for the suggestions especially on RAM and everything though!