Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

The ability of Nevinyrral's Disk is to "destroy all craerures,
enchantments,a nd artifacts in play, including itself". Does that mean
from my cards in play or my opponent's?

sjmcarter@gmail.com wrote:

> The ability of Nevinyrral's Disk is to "destroy all craerures,
> enchantments,a nd artifacts in play, including itself". Does that mean
> from my cards in play or my opponent's?

Both. When the Disk goes off, the only thing left in play for *any* player
will be his lands.
--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"

On 14 Mar 2005 22:38:18 -0800, sjmcarter@gmail.com <sjmcarter@gmail.com> wrote:
>The ability of Nevinyrral's Disk is to "destroy all craerures,
>enchantments,a nd artifacts in play, including itself". Does that mean
>from my cards in play or my opponent's?

Yes. Does it -say- "all creatures you control", or "all creatures opponent
controls"? No, it doesn't; it doesn't limit itself to one side or the other.
It affects all creatures, enchantments, and artifacts in play; it doesn't
ask who controls them.

Dave

Chris Mattern <matternc@comcast.net> wrote:
>sjmcarter@gmail.com wrote:
>> The ability of Nevinyrral's Disk is to "destroy all craerures,
>> enchantments,a nd artifacts in play, including itself". Does that mean
>> from my cards in play or my opponent's?
>
>Both. When the Disk goes off, the only thing left in play for *any* player
>will be his lands.

And, at that, only the lands that weren't also creatures, weren't also
artifacts, and weren't also enchantments. The Disk will happily wipe out the
artifact lands from Darksteel or Mirrodin; they are artifacts, and the Disk
doesn't ASK "are they also lands?".

Dave

"David DeLaney" <dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com> wrote in message

> And, at that, only the lands that weren't also creatures, weren't also
> artifacts, and weren't also enchantments. The Disk will happily wipe out
the
> artifact lands from Darksteel or Mirrodin; they are artifacts, and the
Disk
> doesn't ASK "are they also lands?".
>
> Dave
I don't think the Disk will wipe out the artifact lands from Darksteel - the
only one such land there being Darksteel Citadel. :) Unless, of course,
Blood Moon is in play...

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:24:23 -0500, "Arkady Zilberberg"
<arkadyz1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"David DeLaney" <dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com> wrote in message
>>
>> And, at that, only the lands that weren't also creatures, weren't also
>> artifacts, and weren't also enchantments. The Disk will happily wipe out
>the
>> artifact lands from Darksteel or Mirrodin; they are artifacts, and the
>Disk
>> doesn't ASK "are they also lands?".
>>
>> Dave
>I don't think the Disk will wipe out the artifact lands from Darksteel - the
>only one such land there being Darksteel Citadel. :) Unless, of course,
>Blood Moon is in play...

a divinity counter on the disk with a 'that which was taken' in play
will save the disk as well wont it

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Gareth Pye" <gareth@gpsatsys.com.au> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:24:23 -0500, "Arkady Zilberberg"
> <arkadyz1@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>"David DeLaney" <dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> And, at that, only the lands that weren't also creatures, weren't also
>>> artifacts, and weren't also enchantments. The Disk will happily wipe out
>>the
>>> artifact lands from Darksteel or Mirrodin; they are artifacts, and the
>>Disk
>>> doesn't ASK "are they also lands?".
>>>
>>> Dave
>>I don't think the Disk will wipe out the artifact lands from Darksteel - the
>>only one such land there being Darksteel Citadel. :) Unless, of course,
>>Blood Moon is in play...
>>

> a divinity counter on the disk with a 'that which was taken' in play
> will save the disk as well wont it

That, or having Darksteel Forge in play.

- Dave
Magic: The Gathering card singles
http://www.destinationmtg.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

On 15 Mar 2005 11:32:59 -0500, dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney)
wrote:
>On 14 Mar 2005 22:38:18 -0800, sjmcarter@gmail.com <sjmcarter@gmail.com> wrote:
>>The ability of Nevinyrral's Disk is to "destroy all craerures,
>>enchantments,a nd artifacts in play, including itself". Does that mean
>>from my cards in play or my opponent's?
>
>Yes. Does it -say- "all creatures you control", or "all creatures opponent
>controls"? No, it doesn't; it doesn't limit itself to one side or the other.
>It affects all creatures, enchantments, and artifacts in play; it doesn't
>ask who controls them.

Target Opponent/Player or Target You would also make it either
ridiculously overpowered or just ridiculous.

Jasper