MD42100 BIOS Update Without Boot Partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usaf2222

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I have a Medion MD42100 (MIM2040) that is almost up to date save for the BIOS update. Receiving lacking support from Medion's own website, I am at an end to what I can do. When the update is downloaded,it shows 3 files. The first is called "M109.ROM" and is the shell for the update, the next is called "FLASHIT.rar" which I assume is the is the actual flashing program, the last is called "f.bat" and more than likely contains the actual BIOS update. This is What Medion tells me to do:

"Bios update of the MIM 2040 model series.
Instructions to update your system bios

1. Unzip the downloaded file into a created folder at the partition E: of your harddisk.

2. Afterwards restart your notebook with the Application-/ Support-CD.

3. At the MS Windows CD-ROM-Bootmenue choose "Boot from CD-ROM ".

4. After that select "MS-DOS Prompt" in the Application-/Support-CD Startmenue .

5. Finally execute the f.bat file which can now be found at Partition C: into your specified folder.

6. After the bios update please reboot your system

Information:To extract all files press the "Extract"-Button. The files will be extracted to the folder specified in the "Folder"-Field. This folder will be created, if it does not exist."

As you can see, the instructions are rather confusing and/or I've been interpreting them wrong.

Since the original hard drive had crashed, I do not have access to the "E:" partition of this drive, necessitating the need for a program. Is there any program that can allow me to boot from any sort off medium that will allow me to execute this update. If anyone can find me some program or procedure, I will be very grateful.

Here's the website of Medion if anyone needs it: http://www.medionusa.com/

Use a empty Pendrive formatted in the FAT32 files system.
Copy all three files to this pen drive.
Unrar the files in the Flashit.rar file into this drive too.
Boot the notebook using the CD/DVD. And boot into DOS.
Remember to keep the Flash Drive plugged in while you're booting.

At DOS Prompt
Check which drive is the flash drive.
At the flash drive prompt enter f.bat and enter
the flashing program will start running and follow the procedure next.

usaf2222

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

This computer was unable to boot to the pen drive. Do I need a CD or something to trick into booting off the Pen Drive?

usaf2222

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

I did do the bootable CD, but it only comes up with the normal options to install the drivers and whatnot. I'm coming across as a moron here but do you mind talking me through it?

usaf2222

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Which boot menu? The one on the XP reinstall disk or the one on the hard drive, becasue I'm unable to find the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.