glbell62

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I want to add a dual band wifi card to my acer aspire 7750-6423
This is the motherboard info:
Motherboard : ACER JE70_HR
Southbridge : Intel HM65 rev. B2
Chipset : Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09
I have been looking at the Intel Ultimate N 633ANHMW since it has intel cpu and controllers im hoping it will work
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Ultimate-633ANHMW-802-11n-Adapter/dp/B0038A9HSK
My other options would be to go with an updated atheros card but i can't find one with the dual band specs i would like

Your Help is greatly appreciated

Gary

hello,
the only problem I'm seeing with your idea is for dual band wireless to work it actually needs dual antennae. If you laptop wasn't originally configured as such, I don't see a possible solution of using a dual band wifi with it.

glbell62

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Actually the laptop does have 2 wires, but this card has 3 antennas (streams). I have already had it apart not that hard to run the wires to the side of the LCD.
I guess I was hoping that some more people had tried and succeeded in doing this already?
I just went through and upgraded my modem and router thinking I would be getting 450mbs (ok I knew I wouldn't get anywhere near that) speeds and lo and behold the new laptop I have which is advertised as wireless n only broadcasts on the 2.4 ghz not both and I am only seeing speeds of 70mbs not too exciting.

Hey thanks for the help I am just going to order the intel card with the extra antenna and jump right in.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.