Xbox Wireless Adapter MN-740

Is there any firmware available to get WPA support for
this adapter?????
5 answers Last reply
More about xbox wireless adapter

    No. And Microsoft has not announced anything in this area, either.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "rax_y" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any firmware available to get WPA support for
    > this adapter?????

    No there isn't, and it s afreaking joke that I have to weaken the security
    on my network to play games. I'm playing games while the neighborhood war
    drivers breaks my WEP key and slither onto my network.

    "rax_y" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any firmware available to get WPA support for
    > this adapter?????

    All you need to do is enable MAC filtering. Then you
    would want to disable wep because it may slow down gaming
    wirelessley. Hide the SSID as well. Shouldn't have any
    trouble after that.

    The WEP encryption should be used. I've got eight or nine computers (only
    two wired) and my Xbox on my LAN running encryption and MAC filtering and
    never, ever have had a drop from Live! I am on 1544x128 DSL.
    --

    "dp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All you need to do is enable MAC filtering. Then you
    > would want to disable wep because it may slow down gaming
    > wirelessley. Hide the SSID as well. Shouldn't have any
    > trouble after that.

    Man that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Im sure your neighbors
    are enjoying their free internet. Have you never heard of spoofing a MAC
    address? Do you really think sophisticated sniffers are fooled by hidden
    SSIDs? No WONDER there are so many exploited WLANs.

    You need to get off the Internet until you learn how to drive.

    "dp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All you need to do is enable MAC filtering. Then you
    > would want to disable wep because it may slow down gaming
    > wirelessley. Hide the SSID as well. Shouldn't have any
    > trouble after that.

Routers Hardware Firmware Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter Networking