Xbox Wireless Adapter MN-740

Last response: in Networking
March 7, 2005 8:45:55 PM

Is there any firmware available to get WPA support for
this adapter?????
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 9:44:28 PM

No. And Microsoft has not announced anything in this area, either.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"rax_y" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any firmware available to get WPA support for
> this adapter?????
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:25:57 PM

No there isn't, and it s afreaking joke that I have to weaken the security
on my network to play games. I'm playing games while the neighborhood war
drivers breaks my WEP key and slither onto my network.

"rax_y" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any firmware available to get WPA support for
> this adapter?????
Related resources
March 8, 2005 4:35:46 PM

All you need to do is enable MAC filtering. Then you
would want to disable wep because it may slow down gaming
wirelessley. Hide the SSID as well. Shouldn't have any
trouble after that.

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:52:02 PM

The WEP encryption should be used. I've got eight or nine computers (only
two wired) and my Xbox on my LAN running encryption and MAC filtering and
never, ever have had a drop from Live! I am on 1544x128 DSL.
--

"dp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All you need to do is enable MAC filtering. Then you
> would want to disable wep because it may slow down gaming
> wirelessley. Hide the SSID as well. Shouldn't have any
> trouble after that.

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 5:04:00 PM

Man that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Im sure your neighbors
are enjoying their free internet. Have you never heard of spoofing a MAC
address? Do you really think sophisticated sniffers are fooled by hidden
SSIDs? No WONDER there are so many exploited WLANs.

You need to get off the Internet until you learn how to drive.

!