Trouble installing XP fax

I install the program normally, It calls for XP CD and then continues loading
files then finishes like it installed. Then I go to
Accessories/Communications it has installed a file but the file is empty. I
have tried several times but it does the same thing. I have checked my modem
and it's working properly. Any suggestions?