Need Help on battery management after upgrade

i am running a panasonic toughbook cf-37
i had upgraded from win 95
but had a 4gb hd so i swapped it out for a 40gb
everything went except the windows power management does not think the
laptop can or will ever run on batteries
i go into pwrmgmt and none of the standard options are even availaible....
cananyone help me out? thanks

Go to the laptop manufacturers website and verify Windows XP support.
Also get the latest Windows XP drivers.

Also see:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/upgrading/default.mspx
Especially #3 Upgrade Advisor

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"need a little help here" <need a little help here
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am running a panasonic toughbook cf-37
> i had upgraded from win 95
> but had a 4gb hd so i swapped it out for a 40gb
> everything went except the windows power management does not think the
> laptop can or will ever run on batteries
> i go into pwrmgmt and none of the standard options are even availaible....
> cananyone help me out? thanks

Andy

thanks,
before i ran the new install last night the battery tray was running fine as
was everything else, it seems that at that time the pc was supporting xp
great?

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Go to the laptop manufacturers website and verify Windows XP support.
> Also get the latest Windows XP drivers.
>
> Also see:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/upgrading/default.mspx
> Especially #3 Upgrade Advisor
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "need a little help here" <need a little help here
> @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i am running a panasonic toughbook cf-37
> > i had upgraded from win 95
> > but had a 4gb hd so i swapped it out for a 40gb
> > everything went except the windows power management does not think the
> > laptop can or will ever run on batteries
> > i go into pwrmgmt and none of the standard options are even availaible....
> > cananyone help me out? thanks

I would make sure you have appropriate drivers.
Look for drivers relating to the battery, they may have been installed on
the old installation and not on this one.

I looked but could not find that laptop here:
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomerSupport?storeId=11251
Make sure the designation is correct.