A funny process keeps starting up from file that keeps appearing in my
Windows/Temp directory.

I wonder if this is some virus. I use a company computer that has virus
software on it, but who knows.

Any suggestions where I might report this to?

Yes, I know should report it to Microsoft. But I haven't found any where on
the site specifically talking about this. So unless you've actually dealt
with this kind of thing, spare me the obvious guesses. Even I can come up
with those.

Thanks,

The obvious guesses is all we can give since you did not post details as to
exactly what shows up in the temp files.
All temp files can be safely deleted immediately after a reboot.

Search for the "funny process" in Google, that may give a clue.

Also perform the yellow section of this link to search for viruses and
spyware:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Alfetta159" <Alfetta159@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A funny process keeps starting up from file that keeps appearing in my
> Windows/Temp directory.
>
> I wonder if this is some virus. I use a company computer that has virus
> software on it, but who knows.
>
> Any suggestions where I might report this to?
>
> Yes, I know should report it to Microsoft. But I haven't found any where
> on
> the site specifically talking about this. So unless you've actually dealt
> with this kind of thing, spare me the obvious guesses. Even I can come up
> with those.
>
> Thanks,

Maybe its company tracking software.........they know what you do and when
you do it!!!
peterk