winlogon.exe application error

March 2, 2005 5:47:04 PM

I tried installing PLATINUM INTERNET SECURITY 2005 on my PC. Near the end of
the installation I got several application errors, and then my PC rebooted
itself. Now whenever I start the computer I get the following application
errors.
Isass.exe
Winlogon.exe
Services.exe
With the following written underneath each.
The instruction at “0x000caa90� referenced memory at “0x000ca90�. The memory
could not be “written�.
Click OK to terminate program
Every time I click on terminate the system reboots and I get stuck into a
reboot loop.
It always reboots when I terminate the winlogon.exe.

I am running windows XP home eddition.
I have entered windows via safe mode and unistalled Panda, but I still get
all these errors.
Stuck on what to doi next?
Would appreciate any help
March 2, 2005 6:27:05 PM

The only way around the Isass.exe error is to format HDD and reinstall
operating system. Some have claimed that this error is also caused by the
sasser virus. Just for kicks you can get the removal tool from symantic here:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

I also would like to add that I'm surprised that installing Panda would
cause such a headache. Typically, I have seen this type of error condition
when using registry cleaners, and so-called system tweak programs that mess
with the registry. Avoid programs that claim to clean system registry, and
enhance performance. Your asking for problems. <---My two cents. Good Luck

"mikeg" wrote:

> I tried installing PLATINUM INTERNET SECURITY 2005 on my PC. Near the end of
> the installation I got several application errors, and then my PC rebooted
> itself. Now whenever I start the computer I get the following application
> errors.
> Isass.exe
> Winlogon.exe
> Services.exe
> With the following written underneath each.
> The instruction at “0x000caa90� referenced memory at “0x000ca90�. The memory
> could not be “written�.
> Click OK to terminate program
> Every time I click on terminate the system reboots and I get stuck into a
> reboot loop.
> It always reboots when I terminate the winlogon.exe.
>
> I am running windows XP home eddition.
> I have entered windows via safe mode and unistalled Panda, but I still get
> all these errors.
> Stuck on what to doi next?
> Would appreciate any help

March 3, 2005 8:05:06 AM

Cheers for the help, much appreciated.
I know for sure that it is not the sasser virus as I installed Panda on a
crisp new AMD 64 machine.
I however read that there is a compatibility problem with its software and
64-bit processor.
(http://www.pandasoftware.com/support/card.aspx?idSoluci...)
Gonna try their solution first. Hopefully it works if not I've got the
monotony of formatting and reinstalling everything.
Wanted to try panda as norton slows your whole system down.
If it doesn't work might just try reinstalling windows.

!