Question About Resuming From Hibernate

Hi,
I have a question about resuming from hibernate. Is it possible to resume
from hibernate still logged into the account from which hibernation was
initiated? Right now when I hibernate and then resume, it takes me to the
login screen in Windows XP. If anybody knows how to do this, I would
greatly appreciate knowing what settings I should change. Thanks for your
help.

Hans Crump

Hans,

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Power Options. On
the Advanced tab, click to clear the Prompt for password when computer
resumes from standby check box, and then click OK.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Hans Crump" <h.crump-wiesner@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a question about resuming from hibernate. Is it possible to resume
> from hibernate still logged into the account from which hibernation was
> initiated? Right now when I hibernate and then resume, it takes me to the
> login screen in Windows XP. If anybody knows how to do this, I would
> greatly appreciate knowing what settings I should change. Thanks for your
> help.
>
> Hans Crump

Ramesh,

Thanks very much for the info. Finally, it's working the way I want it.
Thanks again for your expert reply.

Hans Crump

> Hans,
>
> Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Power Options. On
> the Advanced tab, click to clear the Prompt for password when computer
> resumes from standby check box, and then click OK.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Hans Crump" <h.crump-wiesner@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I have a question about resuming from hibernate. Is it possible to
>> resume from hibernate still logged into the account from which
>> hibernation was initiated? Right now when I hibernate and then resume,
>> it takes me to the login screen in Windows XP. If anybody knows how to
>> do this, I would greatly appreciate knowing what settings I should
>> change. Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Hans Crump

You're welcome Hans.