Internet Explorer problem

My Internet Explorer only allows me to have one web browser on...Say i have
one Internet explorer on, than I when i open another one, the original
Internet Explorer window gets automatically closed and the new one takes it
place

plz help >< this problem is pissing me off x_x
1 answer Last reply
More about internet explorer problem

    Hi Cappo,

    The Reuse windows for launching shortcuts setting is used to determine
    whether a new or existing instance of Internet Explorer is used when
    exploring a Web site using one of the following methods:

    • Double-clicking an Internet shortcut (.url file) from within Windows
    Explorer.
    • Opening a URL by clicking Start, and then clicking Run.
    • Using a desktop toolbar, such as the Address or Links bar.

    When this setting is selected, an open instance of Internet Explorer is used
    to display any Web site loaded using the above methods. If the setting is
    cleared, then the above methods start a new instance of Internet Explorer.

    Open Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options. In the Advanced tab,
    uncheck the option "Reuse windows for launching Shortcuts."

    Description of the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts Setting in Internet
    Explorer 5.01:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241911

    Other possibilities and solutions, read the note below - From Don Varnau,
    MVP:

    <quote>
    You probably have a program running which is blocking pop-up windows-
    something like Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, MSN toolbar, a firewall,
    Earthlink (or another) pop-up blocker, MyIE2 (or another shell for IE) etc.

    You'll have to turn off the feature that's blocking new windows or, perhaps,
    uninstall the program.

    BHO Demon from http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm may find the
    offending program/BHO.

    Or it could be caused by spyware/parasites. Work through the solutions
    (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
    page.

    Additional information at:
    The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

    </quote>

    Ref:
    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=%23GLKPaYhEHA.3864%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Cappo" <Cappo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Internet Explorer only allows me to have one web browser on...Say i
    > have
    > one Internet explorer on, than I when i open another one, the original
    > Internet Explorer window gets automatically closed and the new one takes
    > it
    > place
    >
    > plz help >< this problem is pissing me off x_x

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP