Loss of online animations

I have lost my online animations, as in smilies and avatars. I think that a
program that I uninstalled while cleaning out my hard drive took a file or
files with it.

This is NOT just a setting in IE, as the problem occurs no matter while
browser I use. I have made sure that there are no spyware/adware on my
system, and that it is virus free.

Although I am quite adept with computers, I am currently at a loss. I guess
this situation is outside of the realm of my magic.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
3 answers Last reply
More about loss online animations

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

    Image Files Do Not Appear When You View a Web Page with Internet Explorer 6
    SP1:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817177

    This problem is also seen in computers where Norton Internet Security
    Ad-blocks is turned on.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Trotter" <Trotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have lost my online animations, as in smilies and avatars. I think that
    > program that I uninstalled while cleaning out my hard drive took a file or
    > files with it.
    >
    > This is NOT just a setting in IE, as the problem occurs no matter while
    > browser I use. I have made sure that there are no spyware/adware on my
    > system, and that it is virus free.
    >
    > Although I am quite adept with computers, I am currently at a loss. I
    > guess
    > this situation is outside of the realm of my magic.
    >
    > Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

    Ramesh,

    Thank you for your reply. As I stated in my opening post, this problem is
    not contained to Internet Explorer only. However, your links did get my mind
    to moving in a new direction, and caused me to look somewhere that I had not
    looked before.

    I tried an experiment and turned off my firewall. Lo and behold, my
    animations were back. I went to the maker of tmy firewall to try to find out
    what I needed to do to fix the problem, and logged a support request. While
    on their site, I browsed some of the posted help material, and saw a setting
    I had not noticed before, 'Ad Blocking', which was set to 'HIGH'. I read up
    on what it does, and then set it to 'OFF', since I use Firefox and it already
    does this. Bam! Problem solved.

    ~Trotter

    Thanks for the feedback, Trotter.

    --

    > Ramesh,
    >
    > Thank you for your reply. As I stated in my opening post, this problem is
    > not contained to Internet Explorer only. However, your links did get my
    > mind
    > to moving in a new direction, and caused me to look somewhere that I had
    > not
    > looked before.
    >
    > I tried an experiment and turned off my firewall. Lo and behold, my
    > animations were back. I went to the maker of tmy firewall to try to find
    > out
    > what I needed to do to fix the problem, and logged a support request.
    > While
    > on their site, I browsed some of the posted help material, and saw a
    > setting
    > I had not noticed before, 'Ad Blocking', which was set to 'HIGH'. I read
    > up
    > on what it does, and then set it to 'OFF', since I use Firefox and it
    > already
    > does this. Bam! Problem solved.
    >
    > ~Trotter

Windows XP