Loss of online animations

Trotter

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2004

I have lost my online animations, as in smilies and avatars. I think that a
program that I uninstalled while cleaning out my hard drive took a file or
files with it.

This is NOT just a setting in IE, as the problem occurs no matter while
browser I use. I have made sure that there are no spyware/adware on my
system, and that it is virus free.

Although I am quite adept with computers, I am currently at a loss. I guess
this situation is outside of the realm of my magic.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

Image Files Do Not Appear When You View a Web Page with Internet Explorer 6
SP1:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817177

This problem is also seen in computers where Norton Internet Security
Ad-blocks is turned on.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Trotter" <Trotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have lost my online animations, as in smilies and avatars. I think that
> program that I uninstalled while cleaning out my hard drive took a file or
> files with it.
>
> This is NOT just a setting in IE, as the problem occurs no matter while
> browser I use. I have made sure that there are no spyware/adware on my
> system, and that it is virus free.
>
> Although I am quite adept with computers, I am currently at a loss. I
> guess
> this situation is outside of the realm of my magic.
>
> Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Trotter

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2004

Ramesh,

Thank you for your reply. As I stated in my opening post, this problem is
not contained to Internet Explorer only. However, your links did get my mind
to moving in a new direction, and caused me to look somewhere that I had not
looked before.

I tried an experiment and turned off my firewall. Lo and behold, my
animations were back. I went to the maker of tmy firewall to try to find out
what I needed to do to fix the problem, and logged a support request. While
on their site, I browsed some of the posted help material, and saw a setting
I had not noticed before, 'Ad Blocking', which was set to 'HIGH'. I read up
on what it does, and then set it to 'OFF', since I use Firefox and it already
does this. Bam! Problem solved.

~Trotter

Thanks for the feedback, Trotter.