How screwed up is DELL?

My daughter tried to buy a $500 gift card from Dell. Three weeks later
she called them and was told that because this was new it fouled up and
her account was credited back the $500. This after she talked to four
(guess what nationality?) people whose accents were unintelligible. Way
to go DELL!!
13 answers Last reply
More about screwed dell

    Ted Zieglar wrote:
    > Yeah, those foreign people are really stupid, right?
    >
    > Wrong - You are.
    >
    > Ted Zieglar

    What an intellectual!

    > "Ron" <vtot4y602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > > My daughter tried to buy a $500 gift card from Dell. Three weeks
    later
    > > she called them and was told that because this was new it fouled up
    and
    > > her account was credited back the $500. This after she talked to
    four
    > > (guess what nationality?) people whose accents were unintelligible.
    Way
    > > to go DELL!!

    Another Dell Employee!

    Ron wrote:

    > My daughter tried to buy a $500 gift card from Dell. Three weeks later
    > she called them and was told that because this was new it fouled up and
    > her account was credited back the $500. This after she talked to four
    > (guess what nationality?) people whose accents were unintelligible. Way
    > to go DELL!!

    This, from someone who lacks the ability to put together a coherent post.

    Pot? Kettle? Sound familiar?

    Notan

    Yeah, those foreign people are really stupid, right?

    Wrong - You are.

    Ted Zieglar

    "Ron" <vtot4y602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > My daughter tried to buy a $500 gift card from Dell. Three weeks later
    > she called them and was told that because this was new it fouled up and
    > her account was credited back the $500. This after she talked to four
    > (guess what nationality?) people whose accents were unintelligible. Way
    > to go DELL!!

    so, did she get a credit back for the 500 gift card she bought?

    Ted Zieglar wrote:
    > Yeah, those foreign people are really stupid, right?
    >
    > Wrong - You are.
    >
    > Ted Zieglar
    >
    > "Ron" <vtot4y602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> My daughter tried to buy a $500 gift card from Dell. Three weeks later
    >> she called them and was told that because this was new it fouled up and
    >> her account was credited back the $500. This after she talked to four
    >> (guess what nationality?) people whose accents were unintelligible. Way
    >> to go DELL!!

    Part of the problem I see is the Dell commercials, the one where the
    idiot keeps calling Dell to ask if they are there, which imply you will
    be getting an understandable English speaking person.

    --

    Kirk

    "Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

    Tell your daughter to consider herself fortunate.
    She could have had to "battle" with them for several months to get her money
    back.

    "Ron" <vtot4y602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > My daughter tried to buy a $500 gift card from Dell. Three weeks later
    > she called them and was told that because this was new it fouled up and
    > her account was credited back the $500. This after she talked to four
    > (guess what nationality?) people whose accents were unintelligible. Way
    > to go DELL!!

    Why haven't you answered my question?

    In case you forgot the question.

    > Another Dell Employee!

    Not only stupid, but they smell bad, have bad dental hygiene, never wash
    their hair, expect us to learn their language and work for peanuts
    undermining our quality of life. All while expecting free health care, food
    stamps and a free education after coming here illegally. But of course it
    is not politically correct to say any of this but it is reality. enough is
    enough, close the borders!

    > Yeah, those foreign people are really stupid, right?
    >
    > Wrong - You are.
    >
    > Ted Zieglar
    >
    > "Ron" <vtot4y602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > > My daughter tried to buy a $500 gift card from Dell. Three weeks later
    > > she called them and was told that because this was new it fouled up and
    > > her account was credited back the $500. This after she talked to four
    > > (guess what nationality?) people whose accents were unintelligible. Way
    > > to go DELL!!

    In article <rTZzd.3753$2_4.3031@okepread06>, david.hagar@gmail.com
    says...
    > 'Captain' Kirk DeHaan wrote:
    > > Part of the problem I see is the Dell commercials, the one where the
    > > idiot keeps calling Dell to ask if they are there, which imply you will
    > > be getting an understandable English speaking person.
    >
    > This is also true, most people are too politically correct to really,
    > truely, complain to Dell about this kind of a problem.

    Wanna bet?

    Dell gets tens of thousands of complaints daily about this problem.
    However, on the consumer side it's ignored for primarily monetary
    reasons. Consumer sales make up a *VERY* small percentage of overall
    sales at Dell (and I suspect other PC manufacturers). But they account
    for nearly 90% of all support issues. It is simply not cost effective
    to employ anyone in the U.S. to handle consumer support problems.

    I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying it's a sad fact.

    On the business side, several of Dells biggest customers told Dell that
    in no uncertain terms would they put up with support techs who were
    unintelligible and Dell pulled all of its business support back into the
    U.S. That's not so say that business support is that much better than
    consumer support (Dell can't keep good techs for very long), but at
    least you can understand them.

    Spend a hundred dollars more buying the exact same system from the small
    business side and you'll get a tech rep in the U.S. and a MUCH better
    chance of getting someone knowledgeable.

Dell Computers