Sign in with
Your question

Is windows going to make dvd flick compatible with w7

Last response: in Windows 7
June 14, 2010 1:53:33 AM

Hello,
dvd flick isnt installing on my laptop annd i usually use it alot why wont it let download it help

More about : windows make dvd flick compatible

June 14, 2010 2:49:14 AM

ya i went to that link you said and it still doing thge same thing access violation any advise
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 2:55:57 AM

HMM, I am downloading it now, are you using a D/L Manager, or right clicking on the download now button, I just hit the left mouse on the D/L
m
l
June 14, 2010 3:02:49 AM

well on the site i go to the top where the yellow box is and i right click and click download file. it goes to the setup and then when i click on the setup on my desktop says acccess violation 0004.... and i try getting other software like dvd flick and the error access violation appears
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 3:05:11 AM

I just installed it on my computer, Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 3:08:37 AM

I have a folder that I D/L all my stuff to, ran it from there and used default installation(C/Drive),try this, open an command prompt (All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator" ), in the cmd prompt type sfc /scannow, what happens
m
l
June 14, 2010 3:09:51 AM

hmm ive tried at least 20 times on this laptop to get it ive never got past the setup then the error do i download it to spacificplace
m
l
June 14, 2010 3:13:44 AM

nothing happend do i try to run the setup again
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 3:15:59 AM

Save the file to your hard drive and then browse in Windows Explorer to where you saved it. Right click on the file and select Run As Administrator.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 3:20:00 AM

nothing happened, it ran and found no problems,right,yes try setup again
m
l
June 14, 2010 3:39:45 AM

the scan is still running 53%complete
m
l
June 14, 2010 3:48:31 AM

haha sure does but the scan is complete now and the same error happend.....does it matter if i download it on internet exlorer 64 bit or regular internet
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 3:49:13 AM

WOW, it does take a while
m
l
June 14, 2010 3:58:38 AM

i got the error again is my computer hopeless for dvd flick or wat ive tried jus bout everything
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 4:02:51 AM

how you D/L the file makes no diference, always save them to a folder, saves a lot of trouble when you have issues, you don't have to D/L again, but the acccess violation 0004, usually either memory or some problem with compatabliity, did you try right clicking on setup.exe and select run as admin, are you using Win 7x64
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 4:06:54 AM

the forums, his post says installations problems are to be posted here
m
l
June 14, 2010 4:16:07 AM

yup ive tried that also um its prolly my memery do you kno wat i could do if it is my memory
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 5:14:27 AM

Perhaps DEP is causing the installer to malfunction? Try setting the DEP attribute on the installer that you downloaded, then run it again (do the right-click, Run as Administrator like I suggested before as well, just for good measure).
m
l
June 14, 2010 5:30:54 AM

The_Prophecy said:
Perhaps DEP is causing the installer to malfunction? Try setting the DEP attribute on the installer that you downloaded, then run it again (do the right-click, Run as Administrator like I suggested before as well, just for good measure).

well ive been trien many times not workin
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 5:47:20 AM

Really? Because this is the first time I mentioned setting the DEP attribute on the installer... how many times have you tried that exactly?
m
l
June 14, 2010 5:58:13 AM

The_Prophecy said:
Really? Because this is the first time I mentioned setting the DEP attribute on the installer... how many times have you tried that exactly?

haha no you didnt get me ive tried installing dvd flick...and im sorry dnt mean to be rude i just dont get what your talking bout....this is my problem(everytime i download dvd flick on it main website i get it to the setup on my desktop then when i try to open the setup it goes to this error message sayin access violation and a number never gotten pass that part..
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 6:45:48 AM

You completely ignored half of my post though, telling you to set the DEP attribute on the installer. If you didn't understand how to do it or what it was, then say so. I'll gladly explain it to you.

To set the DEP attribute:

Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
On the Data Execution Prevention tab, click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select, and then click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.

When you get to the last step, browse to, and select the installer for the dvd flick program that you've downloaded.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 9:51:54 AM

Neat, haven't seen that before
m
l
June 14, 2010 9:13:59 PM

The_Prophecy said:
You completely ignored half of my post though, telling you to set the DEP attribute on the installer. If you didn't understand how to do it or what it was, then say so. I'll gladly explain it to you.

To set the DEP attribute:

Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
On the Data Execution Prevention tab, click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select, and then click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.

When you get to the last step, browse to, and select the installer for the dvd flick program that you've downloaded.

ya i did what yu said and the same thing happened access violation error at adrres 00409942. write of address 00400000
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2010 4:54:24 AM

Well this is the last trick I have:
Install Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and then install CC cleaner.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
this will uninstall/cleanup failed installations
http://www.ccleaner.com/
To install CC cleaner

Run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, then scan using CC cleaner to delete the registry entries.
Good Luck
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 15, 2010 4:56:11 AM

I'm about out of ideas as well. Number13's suggestion gets my vote!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2010 6:57:55 AM

Have you run chkdsk to ensure you do not have any bad sectors on your hard drive?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
!