dekra

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2003
This is freaking me out!!! I'm using Asus P4c800 deluxe and ATI Radeon 9700 Pro and I keep getting a corrupted display, they say it might be the PSU but I'm running an ENERMAX EG365AX-VE(W)(FCA)350 watts I did updating BIOS and the latest driver from ATI but to no avail, sometimes it will work fine then comes the freaking vertical lines and blotch that inludes text and numbers. What is the problem here. Would it be my power supply or something else.
My Setup
P4 3.06 GHz
P4C800 deluxe
1024 RAM
Audigy2
120 Maxtor
dvd drive
plextor cdr
thermaltake xaserIII running on three fans?????

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dekra on 06/17/03 01:47 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

cleeve

Illustrious
Could be your power supply, although an Enermax 350 should handle it but who knows? It could be bad. This is exactly what happened to me when my old power supply was bad.

Maybe the 3 Ghz Pentium 4's take more juice than it can handle. Although the CPU is drawing from a different rail.

If it is a power supply issue, you might try unplugging the power connector to your 9700 and seeing what happens. From what I understand this will underclock the card and draw even less power.

Something to try anyway.

dekra

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2003
Thanks for the reply, I'm at the point where I suspect the card is defective, but little more inputs like these should not try to loose hope. Thanks