autoexec.nt error!

whenever I try to install a exe onto my computer I get this error .. can
someont pleaseeeeeeee tell me how to stop it ??

autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running msdos and
microsoft windows applications

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
program
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

"Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> whenever I try to install a exe onto my computer I get this error .. can
> someont pleaseeeeeeee tell me how to stop it ??
>
> autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running msdos and
> microsoft windows applications

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Copy autoexec.nt from \windows\repair to \windows\system32 and try again.