Promotional Serendib Efreet?

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Hi,
On Gatherer, it shows up a "promotional" version of Serendib Efreet,
but gives no further information about it. Any ideas what this was,
and when?

--
-- zoe

Zoe Stephenson <zrs1@uk.ac.york.reversed> wrote:
> On Gatherer, it shows up a "promotional" version of Serendib Efreet,
>but gives no further information about it. Any ideas what this was,
>and when?

....No idea. It shows it as black-bordered; I do not remember any such promo
card back then, as promos were few and far between in the early years.
poked around Bob Flaminio's rarities site in its new incarnation,
www.magiclibrary.net, but could not find it - no search engine appears to
exist there...

(Also, I noted there it says the Redemption program has been invoked only four
times - but it leaves out the very first one, the Antiquities-sorting-problem
buyback...)

Dave

"Zoe Stephenson" <zrs1@uk.ac.york.reversed> wrote in message
> Hi,
> On Gatherer, it shows up a "promotional" version of Serendib Efreet,
> but gives no further information about it. Any ideas what this was,
> and when?
>
> --
> -- zoe

I'd guess that it's an erroneous entry in Gatherer. It seems strange that
WotC would repeat the mistake of printing the card with Ifh-Biff Efreet's
art. That famously occurred in the wb Revised printing. If they made another
print, promo or otherwise, it should be with the correct art.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

"Zoe Stephenson" <zrs1@uk.ac.york.reversed> wrote in message
> Hi,
> On Gatherer, it shows up a "promotional" version of Serendib Efreet,
> but gives no further information about it. Any ideas what this was,
> and when?

Could be referring to the Summer Magic version, when they tried reprinting a
corrected version of Revised and OTHER errors came up, such as Hurricane
with a blue background. That's the only thing I can think of.

Erich

Erich Leibrock <eleibrock@symDELETETHECAPSpatico.ca> wrote:
>"Zoe Stephenson" <zrs1@uk.ac.york.reversed> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> On Gatherer, it shows up a "promotional" version of Serendib Efreet,
>> but gives no further information about it. Any ideas what this was,
>> and when?
>
>Could be referring to the Summer Magic version, when they tried reprinting a
>corrected version of Revised and OTHER errors came up, such as Hurricane
>with a blue background. That's the only thing I can think of.

Unfortunately, that's not it. Summer Magic was Revised, and had a white
border; the promo version on Gatherer is black-bordered. Summer Magic had
the -correct- picture on it, not the Ifh-Biff Efreet's; the promo version
on Gatherer has the wrong picture on it. Still haven't figured out what
promo it's from...

(Summer Magic Serendib Efreet visible at
http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-summer-16.html )

Dave

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Erich Leibrock <eleibrock@symDELETETHECAPSpatico.ca> sent:
> "Zoe Stephenson" <zrs1@uk.ac.york.reversed> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> On Gatherer, it shows up a "promotional" version of Serendib Efreet,
>> but gives no further information about it. Any ideas what this was,
>> and when?

> Could be referring to the Summer Magic version, when they tried reprinting a
> corrected version of Revised and OTHER errors came up, such as Hurricane
> with a blue background. That's the only thing I can think of.

It looks like the Summer Magic version of Serendib Efreet has the
right picture, and the promotional version in Gatherer has the
Ifh-Biff picture. If it's meant to be that version then it's wrong
in Gatherer.

I looked up Hurricane, the Summer Magic version there is available
under the 'promotional' link.

Curiouser...

--
-- zoe