Computer Freezes When Switching Users

When starting Windows XP, first user logging on is able to work all programs,
speed is not an issue...

When switching user, the computer immediatley slows down and ultimatelty
freezes...

I thought of reloading Windows XP but guess with alll the online updates,
the CD which came with the computer is no longer valid and "warnigs" are
posted that data would be lost if continuing...

Have run cleanup programs, defrag programs et all and again...no issues with
speed/perform,ance for the first user logging on...
3 answers Last reply
More about computer freezes switching users

    I, too, am having this problem. I, also, tried all of the maintenance
    measures to no avail. I hope someone is able to help us!

    "Ghueber" wrote:

    > When starting Windows XP, first user logging on is able to work all programs,
    > speed is not an issue...
    >
    > When switching user, the computer immediatley slows down and ultimatelty
    > freezes...
    >
    > I thought of reloading Windows XP but guess with alll the online updates,
    > the CD which came with the computer is no longer valid and "warnigs" are
    > posted that data would be lost if continuing...
    >
    > Have run cleanup programs, defrag programs et all and again...no issues with
    > speed/perform,ance for the first user logging on...

    Hi there, did u find any answers to your issue? same thing is happening to me.

    "Ghueber" wrote:

    > When starting Windows XP, first user logging on is able to work all programs,
    > speed is not an issue...
    >
    > When switching user, the computer immediatley slows down and ultimatelty
    > freezes...
    >
    > I thought of reloading Windows XP but guess with alll the online updates,
    > the CD which came with the computer is no longer valid and "warnigs" are
    > posted that data would be lost if continuing...
    >
    > Have run cleanup programs, defrag programs et all and again...no issues with
    > speed/perform,ance for the first user logging on...

    i too have the same problem,identical.can someone please help?

    "bevb" wrote:

    > Hi there, did u find any answers to your issue? same thing is happening to me.
    >
    > "Ghueber" wrote:
    >
    > > When starting Windows XP, first user logging on is able to work all programs,
    > > speed is not an issue...
    > >
    > > When switching user, the computer immediatley slows down and ultimatelty
    > > freezes...
    > >
    > > I thought of reloading Windows XP but guess with alll the online updates,
    > > the CD which came with the computer is no longer valid and "warnigs" are
    > > posted that data would be lost if continuing...
    > >
    > > Have run cleanup programs, defrag programs et all and again...no issues with
    > > speed/perform,ance for the first user logging on...

Computers Windows XP