save as file type suddenly missing

Robert

Hey all...any help would be greatly appreciated....I am building a webpage,
and up until today, have been able to download and save animated gif's...but
the option to "save as"..."file type...gif" is missing, it is only letting me
save as bmp's.

Does anyone know why this has suddenly happened?

HELP!!!!

"robert" <robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey all...any help would be greatly appreciated....I am building a
> webpage,
> and up until today, have been able to download and save animated
> gif's...but
> the option to "save as"..."file type...gif" is missing, it is only letting
> me
> save as bmp's.
>
> Does anyone know why this has suddenly happened?
>
> HELP!!!!

Try this

start>run and type

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

delete all files in that folders.

--
William

Additionally:

This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

1. Start Internet Explorer
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format
in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupfaq.mspx

Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx

More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742.aspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User