Online FPS gaming/video card performance?

deee12

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
I am in a squad that plays Delta force 2 online...I am an experienced and good player hehe..... but have noticed that lately a few player's seem super good.... whereas say 3 or 4 months ago there were only 2 or 3 players online that could give me competition...anyway was wondering if it's likely that a new vid card say the gf4 ti4600 matched with a great system is what's giving them this advantage? I have a good system xp1700 and gf3 ti200 and cable connection.
I am ruling out cheats because I think I would be able to notice if they were.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by deee12 on 08/16/02 07:45 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Well, you can't win them all. A nice system helps, but your bandwhich, the time your on, the weather, how close you are to the server, some servers may do better for you, at least till someone comes alone and kicks your a$$, also how well and fast you have your computer set up. Some days are better then others. And how good you are. I'd say all those play a part, but if you can't win any games or stay near the top, then maybe your computer needs a little tuning, and maybe an upgrade. But no matter what you can't win them all, but you sure don't always to always be on the low end.

Hey Baby, want to play with my computer?

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
It's *possible* a better system could be giving them the advantage. They could be running with a 22" monitor with awesome contrast at 1200x1600x32, and see your shadow before they ()wN j00.

Ping times are another possibility.

You might also have a pattern or tendency, which they have finally picked up on, and literally "()wN j00"...