Cannot access recovery console page

when placing restore cd in it brings up system restore menu with 2 options:
restore windows or boot to comand from cd-rom . when I hit boot from cd it
brings up an A promt and I am only able to expand D: and then it locks HELP
PLEASE
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot access recovery console page

    Goldie,

    It sounds as if you're using a OEM Restore CD and not the Retail Windows XP
    CD-ROM. If that's the case, you use the Windows XP startup disks in order to
    enter the Console. Another option is to install Recovery Console as a
    startup option (if Windows XP is running well)

    How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Goldie" <Goldie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when placing restore cd in it brings up system restore menu with 2
    > restore windows or boot to comand from cd-rom . when I hit boot from cd it
    > brings up an A promt and I am only able to expand D: and then it locks
    > HELP
    > PLEASE

Boot CD-Rom Recovery Console Windows XP