Closed

unable to open a self extracting zip file in XP

After downloading a self extracting zip file and double clicking on
it,nothing happens. Winzip does not open it. What am I doing wrong?
Need some help, am anxious to view this file.

--
flutterby1947
3 answers Last reply

    Hi flutterby1947,

    Open WinZip and verify the file association configurations.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "flutterby1947" <flutterby1947.1laz1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > After downloading a self extracting zip file and double clicking on
    > it,nothing happens. Winzip does not open it. What am I doing wrong?
    > Need some help, am anxious to view this file.
    >

    > --
    > flutterby1947

    If it's a zip file and not another archive then rename it from name.exe to name.zip.

    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "flutterby1947" <flutterby1947.1laz1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:flutterby1947.1laz1m@pcbanter.net...

    > After downloading a self extracting zip file and double clicking on
    > it,nothing happens. Winzip does not open it. What am I doing wrong?
    > Need some help, am anxious to view this file.
    >

    > --
    > flutterby1947

    NEWS.com.au | Darwin quake felt in WA (03-03-2005):
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12429395-29277,00.html

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    If it's a zip file and not another archive then rename it from name.exe to
    name.zip.

    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "flutterby1947" <flutterby1947.1laz1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > After downloading a self extracting zip file and double clicking on
    > it,nothing happens. Winzip does not open it. What am I doing wrong?
    > Need some help, am anxious to view this file.
    >

    > --
    > flutterby1947

Support Microsoft Zip Windows XP