unable to open a self extracting zip file in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

After downloading a self extracting zip file and double clicking on
it,nothing happens. Winzip does not open it. What am I doing wrong?
Need some help, am anxious to view this file.

--
flutterby1947

Hi flutterby1947,

Open WinZip and verify the file association configurations.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"flutterby1947" <flutterby1947.1laz1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> After downloading a self extracting zip file and double clicking on
> it,nothing happens. Winzip does not open it. What am I doing wrong?
> Need some help, am anxious to view this file.
>

> --
> flutterby1947

If it's a zip file and not another archive then rename it from name.exe to name.zip.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
"flutterby1947" <flutterby1947.1laz1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:flutterby1947.1laz1m@pcbanter.net...

> After downloading a self extracting zip file and double clicking on
> it,nothing happens. Winzip does not open it. What am I doing wrong?
> Need some help, am anxious to view this file.
>

> --
> flutterby1947

NEWS.com.au | Darwin quake felt in WA (03-03-2005):
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12429395-29277,00.html

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User