Dr Watson Postmortem debugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookie

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2002

I downloaded sp2, but now I have thie Dr Watson Posmortem debugger window
that opens on restart and my whole system freezes---I can't even close the Dr
Watson window. What is this and how do I get rid of it????
My system was virus and spyware free!

I am having the same issue as well.. From what I have read, it's a acebot
trojan virus.. They also say that it came from the Beta version of the MS
Anti-spyware.

"rookie" wrote:

> I downloaded sp2, but now I have thie Dr Watson Posmortem debugger window
> that opens on restart and my whole system freezes---I can't even close the Dr
> Watson window. What is this and how do I get rid of it????
> My system was virus and spyware free!

Try going to the start menu...look to the left and choose search.Type Dr Watson in the search bar.Make sure that you select to check for all files & folders.After your p.c. pulls it up, delete it and send it to the re-cycle bin.Bye.,Bye ACEBOT! :sol:

Of course, you can do a fresh install of your operating systems and it will be good as NEW. :sol: