Error: Only part of a read process memory request completed

a b } Memory
March 3, 2005 9:44:55 AM

I recently bought a new laptop with XP Pro OS, 512RAM. The computer is
not networked.
It came preinstalled with Microsoft Works full suite, and Microsoft
Office 10 (dated 2002 ver) with all programs except MS Publisher.
I had previously purchased Microsoft Office 2000 for my old computer
and now want to install MS Publisher from these CD's but get the
following error message:
"Only part of a read/process/memory or write process memory request was
completed." and installation aborts.
I did a reinstall on the old computer to ensure the installation disk
was OK. It was. I have tried MS Knowledgebase, MS Community net help,
MSexperts, and numerous XP forums.
PLEASE can anyone help me get MS Publisher installed???
Thanks, Beryl

--
Beryl
Beryl's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid...

Hi Beryl,

Tried cleaning up the Windows installer yet?

Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/