re-activate windows on every re-boot

Hello, every time I reboot my copy of windows XP, it says I have to register
before I can log on. So I activate it and it says it was successful. If I go
to activate it again while the PC is still up, it tells me it is all ready
activated. But like clock work if I reboot it, it starts the whole process
over again. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance

Reboot to Safe Mode:
Reboot tapping F8 each second.
Select Safe Mode at the menu

Start/Run
Type "regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll" ENTER
Type "regsvr32.exe licdll.dll" ENTER

Reboot.
Activate again
Reboot

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"wormwood33" <wormwood33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, every time I reboot my copy of windows XP, it says I have to
> register
> before I can log on. So I activate it and it says it was successful. If I
> go
> to activate it again while the PC is still up, it tells me it is all ready
> activated. But like clock work if I reboot it, it starts the whole
> process
> over again. Has anyone seen this before?
>
> Thanks in advance

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Just tried that, and no luck. Is there any other thing I can try?

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Reboot to Safe Mode:
> Reboot tapping F8 each second.
> Select Safe Mode at the menu
>
> Start/Run
> Type "regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll" ENTER
> Type "regsvr32.exe licdll.dll" ENTER
>
> Reboot.
> Activate again
> Reboot
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "wormwood33" <wormwood33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, every time I reboot my copy of windows XP, it says I have to
> > register
> > before I can log on. So I activate it and it says it was successful. If I
> > go
> > to activate it again while the PC is still up, it tells me it is all ready
> > activated. But like clock work if I reboot it, it starts the whole
> > process
> > over again. Has anyone seen this before?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Brian;
A Repair Installation will fix it:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm