Help in copying data file to CD

I have done this before but now I have a total mental blank. Please help!

OS: MS: XP Home
Drive: Sony R/W
Media: New TDK 700MB Compact Disk

Problem: Using “My Computer.� I select a file to be copied to the CD; after
getting the screen which says “write file to CD� --- I select the file and
start the copy. I then get the error message that the system cannot write to
the device and that it can only write to a writable CD. Thinking that the CD
was not formatted I then went to command mode and entered the instruction
FORMAT F: /FS:FAT32 and after confirming the format I then got the message
the device is write protected.

Looking for the correct procedure to write data to a CD

Thank you,
1 answer Last reply
More about help copying data file

    On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 07:29:04 -0800, "KDMcFarlin"
    <KDMcFarlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >I have done this before but now I have a total mental blank. Please help!

    go here, enter writing cd
    http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com