Help in copying data file to CD

March 3, 2005 10:29:04 AM

I have done this before but now I have a total mental blank. Please help!

OS: MS: XP Home
Drive: Sony R/W
Media: New TDK 700MB Compact Disk

Problem: Using “My Computer.� I select a file to be copied to the CD; after
getting the screen which says “write file to CD� --- I select the file and
start the copy. I then get the error message that the system cannot write to
the device and that it can only write to a writable CD. Thinking that the CD
was not formatted I then went to command mode and entered the instruction
FORMAT F: /FS:FAT32 and after confirming the format I then got the message
the device is write protected.

Looking for the correct procedure to write data to a CD

Thank you,

More about : copying data file

!