Error Caused by Graphics Device Driver HELP!!!!

I woke up this morning and my screen was really huge (640,480 everything was big) and very low color. I had this problem with my old motherboard as well. I have a new asus p4p800 deluxe motherboard and i'm still getting this error. They suggest to either update the driver - which i have the latest one installed - or replace the graphics card.

I forgot to mention this. After i noticed the screen was small and very low color, i rebooted and it came up fine but i got an error message and i sent it in to MS and i got that error report. I don't think i got a blue screen. I woke up and i had an error dialog box with an ok button. Said something about the device hardware failed or something.

How do i put the 3 year warranty that this card has to use and how do I RMA it so i can get a new one that works?

Or, does anyone now how to resolve it without losing performance?

thanks!
-Jeff

"Error Caused by Graphics Device Driver

Thank you for submitting an error report to Windows Online Crash Analysis. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with specific information about how to resolve this problem at this time. The information that you and other users submit will be used to investigate this problem.
Analysis
A device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause.
Getting Help
Depending on which situation is applicable to you, do one of the following:
• If you are running Windows Server 2003 you may experience crashes if you have adjusted the Hardware Acceleration setting. Microsoft recommends that the Hardware Acceleration setting be set to None for server systems. To check your Hardware Acceleration setting, go to the advanced section of the display properties dialog box.
• If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
• If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
• Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.
• For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.
You can track this error report by clicking the Track this error report link. If you choose to track your error report, you will be notified of resolutions to this problem as they are identified.
Track this error report

Additional Technical Information
• Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)"

"SYMPTOMS
You may receive one of the following error messages on a blue screen:
STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

-or-

STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
CAUSE
This issue can occur when the display driver is caught in an infinite loop, typically waiting for the video hardware to become idle. This usually indicates a problem with the video hardware or with the display driver not being able to program the hardware correctly.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, obtain and install the most current driver for your video adapter or replace your video card.
WORKAROUND
To work around this issue:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
2. On the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshoot tab.
3. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None, and then click to clear the Enable Write Combining check box.
4. Click OK, and then click OK.

NOTE: This procedure prevents the display driver from programming the hardware incorrectly, but results in a loss of some display functionality and performance. Although you can increase the hardware acceleration settings to a point above None to regain functionality and performance, this increases the chances of the issue reoccurring. For maximum stability, leave hardware acceleration off. "

"Bread makes me poop!" - Special Ed

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what is your system spec ???

Contact the store U got this card off, they will inform you if the card goes back to them or back to the manufacturer...

if there is nothing of importance on this PC or you have all the important stuff backed up & have all ur software (latest drivers on CD & a CD of ur Windows) I would wipe & reinstall the OS, install the latest system drivers, then the gfx drivers drivers & then install Dx9a... see if you get these problems straight off... then it is a system fault prob with you gfx card
but if it runs stable then it was probably a corrupted driver...

Trust me I know what I'm doing... ooops, grab the cat...

TRENDING THREADS