Comprehensive Rules

Hi,

Does anyone know why the Comprehensive Rules are only available as
Word Doc?

David

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:24:33 +0200, David de Kloet <dskloet@cs.vu.nl> wrote:
>Does anyone know why the Comprehensive Rules are only available as
>Word Doc?

Um, because you're looking on the wrong page?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/rules/tourneyplayer
(go to www.wizards.com/magic, and this is the bottom-left-most link, More
Rules for Tournament Players)

Dave

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 11:24:33 +0200, David de Kloet wrote:

> Does anyone know why the Comprehensive Rules are only available as
> Word Doc?

They aren't. If you do not download them from the front page of
MagicTheGathering.com but from

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/rules/tourneyplayer

you can choose to download them as .doc, .txt, .rtf and .pdf.

HTH / Nuff

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, David DeLaney wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:24:33 +0200, David de Kloet <dskloet@cs.vu.nl> wrote:
> >Does anyone know why the Comprehensive Rules are only available as
> >Word Doc?
>
> Um, because you're looking on the wrong page?
>
> http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/rules/tourneyplayer
> (go to www.wizards.com/magic, and this is the bottom-left-most link, More
> Rules for Tournament Players)

Oh, thanks. But there's always more to want. What about html?

David

David de Kloet <dskloet@cs.vu.nl> writes:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, David DeLaney wrote:
>> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, David de Kloet <dskloet@cs.vu.nl> wrote:
>> >Does anyone know why the Comprehensive Rules are only available as
>> >Word Doc?
>>
>> Um, because you're looking on the wrong page?
>>
>> http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/rules/tourneyplayer
>
> Oh, thanks. But there's always more to want. What about html?

Well, the other versions don't give much more formatting than the text
version, so if you just want to look at it in your web browser, try
<http://www.wizards.com/magic/comprules/MagicCompRules020104.txt>
(at least, my web browser just shows it in the window).

If you really really want an HTML version, you could try Google's
cached-version-as-HTML feature:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.wizards.com/magic/comprules/MagicCompRules020104.pdf>

--
Peter C.
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the

Peter Cooper Jr., worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
> David de Kloet <dskloet@cs.vu.nl> writes:
> >>
> >> Um, because you're looking on the wrong page?
> >>
> >> http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/rules/tourneyplayer
> >
> > Oh, thanks. But there's always more to want. What about html?
>
> Well, the other versions don't give much more formatting than the text
> version, so if you just want to look at it in your web browser, try
> <http://www.wizards.com/magic/comprules/MagicCompRules020104.txt>
> (at least, my web browser just shows it in the window).

Web browsers don't wrap lines properly, or indeed at all, when viewing
..txt files, which is a big problem for readability.