Standby not installed

I needed to re-install Win XP pro on my desktop.So I installed to a different
drive and kept the original install (until the new one was up and running),
so I have 2 bootable partitions at the moment. The new installation does not
have the Standby option available whilst the old install still does have. So
it is not a BIOS problem. I can boot to the different partions and the
Standby option is or isn't available depending on which partition I boot to.
I have tried a repair (upgrade the install) without success.

Anyone seen this before?

"stevecain" <stevecain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I needed to re-install Win XP pro on my desktop.So I installed to a
>different
> drive and kept the original install (until the new one was up and
> running),
> so I have 2 bootable partitions at the moment. The new installation does
> not
> have the Standby option available whilst the old install still does have.
> So
> it is not a BIOS problem. I can boot to the different partions and the
> Standby option is or isn't available depending on which partition I boot
> to.
> I have tried a repair (upgrade the install) without success.
>
> Anyone seen this before?

Update your Video adapter with the latest drivers from the manufacturer,
then you will get your Standby feature.

--
William

TRENDING THREADS