Hello, I need computer for autocad work.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1,024 x 768 display with true color (1,280 x 1,024 true color recommended)
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Maybe some MMORPG's like LOTRO.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
AutoCAD Architecture 2012
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
Lithuania, but I'm going to buy it in UK.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Yes those specs are fine but don't be stuck on dell, you want to look for the best price/performance/quality. Those gpus will work, the certified list is just the ones they tested. You might be able to find an i7 (make sure it has q for quad) to help with rendering and you'll want to get a good gpu like the ones you listed. Ram is important too but is less important as it can be changed out easily. The newer generation of i5/i7 have 4 numbers likes the i5-2430m since you want don't want old stuff.
I'm using an older Lenovo T400, still runs like a champ using Alibre 3D Cad, a Thinkpad from the T series or W series are real workhorse laptops. They cost more than a similar configured laptop from Dell, HP etc but your paying for something that is geared toward professional use.