problem installing MATLAB

I have matlab 6.5 edition. It says it needs Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.
which is no longer available. I installed the latest java platform (runtime
environment) but it didnt work.
Please help me with this.
thanks!!
4 answers Last reply
More about problem installing matlab

    Try here..
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/jheroen/VM/downloads.htm

    "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have matlab 6.5 edition. It says it needs Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.
    > which is no longer available. I installed the latest java platform
    > (runtime
    > environment) but it didnt work.
    > Please help me with this.
    > thanks!!

    thanks a lot Ricky

    "Ricky" wrote:

    > Try here..
    > http://home.wanadoo.nl/jheroen/VM/downloads.htm
    >
    > "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have matlab 6.5 edition. It says it needs Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.
    > > which is no longer available. I installed the latest java platform
    > > (runtime
    > > environment) but it didnt work.
    > > Please help me with this.
    > > thanks!!

    You're welcome..hope it helps. :-)

    > thanks a lot Ricky
    >
    > "Ricky" wrote:
    >
    >> Try here..
    >> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jheroen/VM/downloads.htm
    >>
    >> "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have matlab 6.5 edition. It says it needs Microsoft Java Virtual
    >> >Machine.
    >> > which is no longer available. I installed the latest java platform
    >> > (runtime
    >> > environment) but it didnt work.
    >> > Please help me with this.
    >> > thanks!!

    The link you provided does not wrok.

    I have the same problem. I installed Matlab but now I want to uninstall it
    and it won't let me. It says I have a problem with with Java VM.

    "Ricky" wrote:

    > Try here..
    > http://home.wanadoo.nl/jheroen/VM/downloads.htm
    >
    > "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have matlab 6.5 edition. It says it needs Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.
    > > which is no longer available. I installed the latest java platform
    > > (runtime
    > > environment) but it didnt work.
    > > Please help me with this.
    > > thanks!!

Virtual Machine Java Microsoft Windows XP