problem installing MATLAB

March 3, 2005 1:21:02 PM

I have matlab 6.5 edition. It says it needs Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.
which is no longer available. I installed the latest java platform (runtime
environment) but it didnt work.
Please help me with this.
thanks!!
March 3, 2005 7:27:45 PM

Try here..
http://home.wanadoo.nl/jheroen/VM/downloads.htm

"sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 7988258-A3A5-444F-A2C6-C58EADB0AA08@microsoft.com...
>I have matlab 6.5 edition. It says it needs Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.
> which is no longer available. I installed the latest java platform
> (runtime
> environment) but it didnt work.
> Please help me with this.
> thanks!!
March 3, 2005 7:27:46 PM

thanks a lot Ricky

"Ricky" wrote:

> Try here..
> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jheroen/VM/downloads.htm
>
> "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 7988258-A3A5-444F-A2C6-C58EADB0AA08@microsoft.com...
> >I have matlab 6.5 edition. It says it needs Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.
> > which is no longer available. I installed the latest java platform
> > (runtime
> > environment) but it didnt work.
> > Please help me with this.
> > thanks!!

Related resources
March 3, 2005 9:11:31 PM

You're welcome..hope it helps. :-)

> thanks a lot Ricky
>
> "Ricky" wrote:
>
>> Try here..
>> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jheroen/VM/downloads.htm
>>
>> "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 7988258-A3A5-444F-A2C6-C58EADB0AA08@microsoft.com...
>> >I have matlab 6.5 edition. It says it needs Microsoft Java Virtual
>> >Machine.
>> > which is no longer available. I installed the latest java platform
>> > (runtime
>> > environment) but it didnt work.
>> > Please help me with this.
>> > thanks!!

March 25, 2005 10:47:02 AM

The link you provided does not wrok.

I have the same problem. I installed Matlab but now I want to uninstall it
and it won't let me. It says I have a problem with with Java VM.

!