MSI or Asus GEFORCE4 TI4200?

Bawoo

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
hello! i can either get MSI GEFORCE4 TI4200 or Asus GEFORCE4 TI4200 for the same price. My card will be used on
Asus A7N8X-Deluxe nForce2 MB. I am inclining to get MSI Ti for now since it seems to offer better software package. But would MSI card work just as well Asus graphic card on Asus MB? Which one should I get?

comments are welcomed, thanx!

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
Both are equally good cards. If u can inspect both the cards manually, look for the GPU clock and the RAM clock of each. The higher, the better. not necessarily with the Benchmarks, but, higher clock generally wud require better components. so the card with higher clock cud have better RAM chips, that if u plan to overclock the card later, wud help. Also, look out for the software bundle to suit ur needs. Asus gives out games and ASUS DVD, MSI has lot more to offer i guess.

Theres also a new ASUS Ti4200 card with the suffix Speed or something like that. Its Factory-overclocked version of the regular Ti4200.

<b><font color=red>The statement below is true.</font color=red></b>
<b><font color=blue> The statement above is false.</font color=blue></b>

Bawoo

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
hey, thanx for the comment. I will look into both asus and msi 's spec more.

But my biggest concern is that Asus MB might not like MSI card? If i use MSI card, it might decreases the stability of my system.

thanx!

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
<b>ur concern is as good as thinking <font color=green>Logitech Keyboard/Mouse wont work with Windows</font color=green>, because, <font color=red>Microsoft have specially designed Windows not to recognise any Keyboard/Mouse other than their own.</font color=red> :wink: </b>

Bawoo

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
well, I was thinking that I will be better off using Asus GC on Asus MB because it may boost overall performance by a bit and increases the overall life time of the GC and MB, like they both won't break down as easily if I use MSI benchmark. And Asus seems like a better benchmark for GC than MSI. Asus got lots of good review here. I never heard of MSI, so i am kinda suspcious about their produts. Does my train of thought hold some truth. Correct me if I am wrong! Thank you very much!

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
ur concern about MSI is unfounded. MSI is as good a manufacturer as ASUS. ASUS has the brand name. check out <b><font color=blue><A HREF="http://www.msi.com.tw" target="_new"> MSI website </A></font color=blue></b> to find info on the manufacturer. A graphics card from either manufacturer is good. <b><font color=red> AND THERE WILL BE NO CONFLICT BETWEEN THE MOTHERBOARD AND THE GRAPHICS CARD IF U PUT IN A MSI AGP CARD ON A ASUS MOTHERBOARD. PERIOD.</font color=red></b> I have quite a few friends who have ASUS mobo and MSI AGP cards and some other who have MSI mobo and ASUS AGP cards. I have a ASUS board and a ASUS AGP card. But if i had got the MSI card when i bot my ASUS card, i wud definitely buy one, because MSIU was cheap but not available.

Personally, i wud suggest you look for some ATI Radeon cards. The 9500Pro and 9600Pro are the ones to look for if u want a budget card and may cost u a little more than the Ti4200. But 9500Pro and 9600Pro perform far better than the Ti4200s.

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
Heya Bawoo;

There can be only one.

Asus v9280S, that thing is a monster, you will love it!

oh and the radeon 9500 and 9600 pro arent faster then this card, not by a long shot.

I hope this helps.

XeeN

Bawoo

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
hey thanx for all the great help!!

I think I will just stick with MSI Ti4200. I limited my budget for video card to $200 since I am getting an 17 inch LCD screen. All the suggested cards are over my budget. And the system i am building is not for hardcore gaming anyways. That's when my xbox comes in place :p

thanx for all the help! eps. the mask!

Bawoo

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
k, i finally decide to get

MSI GEFORCE4 TI4800SE AGP8X 128MB DDR VGA DVI-I VIVO

instead. It's only $30 CDN more, and it should last a bit longer as ti4200.

any comments on this card?

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
Xeen you MORON!!!!!!! A 9500 Pro would eat a Ti4200 ALIVE!!!! And have seconds!!!! And you can get it for $160 US ~ $220 CAN!!!! If you want a 4200 or a 4800, that's cool, they aren't bad, but those ATi's are minimally more expensive and definitively faster!

Tit for tat, butter for fat, ATi's dog kicks nVidia's cat

(Maximum PC)

gdevilman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003
Where can i find this $160 us dollar 9500pro card? A link would be great. I hate how thiers so many varieties of a card. Makes searching for prices that much harder.