Excel - undo sort

March 3, 2005 1:35:03 PM

I sorted the columns in one sheet and continued working on other sheets.
Now I want to undo the sorting but it just let's me undo the 5 last actions.
How can I have the columns sorted in the original order.
Thanks, J

More about : excel undo sort

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 6:05:44 PM

Um, close without saving and then reopen the file. Even with undo, any
typing changes would be lost since Excel doesn't have a selective undo
feature.

"Jerome" <mprranch@ntin.net> wrote in message
> I sorted the columns in one sheet and continued working on other sheets.
> Now I want to undo the sorting but it just let's me undo the 5 last
actions.
> How can I have the columns sorted in the original order.
> Thanks, J

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 6:44:21 PM

there are sort options in excel.. try the excel ng, those ppl are wizards
with excel manipulations

microsoft.public.excel

--
"Display tolerance & kindness to those with less
knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS

"Jerome" <mprranch@ntin.net> wrote in message
> I sorted the columns in one sheet and continued working on other sheets.
> Now I want to undo the sorting but it just let's me undo the 5 last
actions.
> How can I have the columns sorted in the original order.
> Thanks, J
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 3, 2005 7:13:38 PM

Umm, Excel does too have an Undo selection feature.

"LVTravel" <trash@dd.com> wrote in message
> Um, close without saving and then reopen the file. Even with undo, any
> typing changes would be lost since Excel doesn't have a selective undo
> feature.
>

> "Jerome" <mprranch@ntin.net> wrote in message
>> I sorted the columns in one sheet and continued working on other sheets.
>> Now I want to undo the sorting but it just let's me undo the 5 last
> actions.
>> How can I have the columns sorted in the original order.
>> Thanks, J

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 5:23:54 PM

Which versions? I am using Excel in Office 97 and it does not have a
selective undo that I can find, only a straight line undo. Maybe later
versions of Office does allow selective Undo (but with a spread sheet I
don't know that I would want to start screwing around with data in a random
order fashion.)
"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
> Umm, Excel does too have an Undo selection feature.
>
> "LVTravel" <trash@dd.com> wrote in message
> > Um, close without saving and then reopen the file. Even with undo, any
> > typing changes would be lost since Excel doesn't have a selective undo
> > feature.
> >

> > "Jerome" <mprranch@ntin.net> wrote in message
> >> I sorted the columns in one sheet and continued working on other
sheets.
> >> Now I want to undo the sorting but it just let's me undo the 5 last
> > actions.
> >> How can I have the columns sorted in the original order.
> >> Thanks, J

March 5, 2005 6:34:47 PM

I use Office XP at work, and Office 2003 here at home, and they can do what
the OP needs. but before you make blanket statements, you should consider
what version you are *only* familiar with before telling another what can
and cannot be done. Maybe suggest by saying you are unsure of other
versions, but "mine doesn't".

!