When I press the start button, I no longer have the
option of Search Companion. I only have Help & Support
and Run in that area. How can I get the Search Companion
button back?

Right click Start button. Select Properties, Start menu tab, Customise,
Advanced tab, scroll down Start menu items and check box before Search.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
FCA