Password Reset Disk option

March 3, 2005 10:12:10 PM

I am self studying for my MCDST. I am following a lab to create a Password
Reset Disk. I do not see the option to "prevent a forgotten password"
either after selecting a User Account while logged in with administrators
privileges nor do I have it when I log on under an account with Limited
Access. I know where the option should be (Under Related Tasks or on Main
Page of the user account.) Any help is so very appreciated.

Thanks.
March 3, 2005 10:12:11 PM

Follow these step by step instructions from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305478&sd=tech

"JOHN MICCIOLO" wrote:

> I am self studying for my MCDST. I am following a lab to create a Password
> Reset Disk. I do not see the option to "prevent a forgotten password"
> either after selecting a User Account while logged in with administrators
> privileges nor do I have it when I log on under an account with Limited
> Access. I know where the option should be (Under Related Tasks or on Main
> Page of the user account.) Any help is so very appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

March 3, 2005 10:12:12 PM

That still doesn't help, or did you not see that he doesn't (as he stated)
have the option listed "prevent a forgotten password" exactly where it is
supposed to be?

> Follow these step by step instructions from Microsoft:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305478&sd=tech
>
> "JOHN MICCIOLO" wrote:
>
>> I am self studying for my MCDST. I am following a lab to create a
>> Password
>> Reset Disk. I do not see the option to "prevent a forgotten password"
>> either after selecting a User Account while logged in with administrators
>> privileges nor do I have it when I log on under an account with Limited
>> Access. I know where the option should be (Under Related Tasks or on
>> Main
>> Page of the user account.) Any help is so very appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 10:41:40 AM

If you logged on to the computer by using an administrator account, follow
these steps to create a password reset disk for a user account: 1. Click
Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
3. In the User Accounts pane, click the account that you want to work
with.
4. Under Related Tasks, click Prevent a forgotten password to start
the Forgotten Password Wizard, and then click Next.
5. Insert a blank, formatted disk into drive A, and then click Next.
6. In the Current user account password box, type the password for the
user account that you chose in step 3, and then click Next.

Note If the user account does not have a password, do not type a
password in the Current user account password box.

The Forgotten Password Wizard creates the disk.
7. When the Progress bar reaches 100% complete, click Next, and then
click Finish.
8. Remove and then label the password reset disk. Store the disk in a
safe place.

--
EasyFeelings
A+

"When your computer is working good, That's an EasyFeeling"
!