Still problem with 9700Pro!!!

grbrg

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
A while back I posted about the problems with my new computer, especially the Radeon 9700Pro. To sum things up, it still gives me a headache! My PC crashes at seemingly random times, either a bluescreen or a reboot. Windows tells me that the radeon driver is responsible for the shutdown...

I disabled Fast-Write, set AGP to 4x instead of 8x, even increased the AGP voltage a bit in case it did not get enough power. Nothing seems to help. So I tested an old card in my new PC and there were no problems. I tested the new graphic card with the old PC and no problems as well. (Maybe I wasn't patient enough, because the crashes are random and there is no telling when a new wave of them will arrive.. ;)

I've no idea what I can do now. I'll continue to test the new card with the old PC but other than that: Does anyone have an idea?
Here are the facts:

Pentium 3.06
Gigabyte 8INXP motherboard
512MB DDR-RAM(Dual-Channel Mode)
Maxtor 80GB HD 8MB Cache
DVD and CD Burn drive
350W Enermax power supply
Case is open and has 2 additional fans
Windows XP, graphic card drivers are up-to-date, motherboard drivers as well

Thanks for any ideas! :)

grbrg

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
No one got any ideas? I'm not totally sure it's the graphic card, but since Windows tells me the Radeon drivers are responsible... If someone had similar experiences about other parts, though - I'm open to all suggestions! ;)

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
The only thing I could suggest to you is to uninstall the ATI display drivers, install the latest <A HREF="http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-8INXP.htm" target="_new">chipset and IAA drivers,</A> then reinstall the ATI display drivers.

Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer. -- Homer Simpson.

TRENDING THREADS