setting up network for online gaming

Kate

We are setting up a home network using the Netgear DG834
router with 2 PCs and a 2Mb connection via AOL.

My partner will be using his PC mainly to play online
games and is concerned about responsiveness and network
speed.

He seems to think the Celeron 1700 processor on my PC will
be insufficient for my PC to act as a server for his
online gaming.

Can anyone tell me if he's right?

You may want to post your questions to one of the general networking
newsgroups, or look for information on the web like at
www.practicallynetworked.com. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband
Networking hardware and software only.
--
Chris H.