Graphics problem on XP

belovedmonster

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003
Ive recently upgrading my computer to Athlon XP 2200+ 1.8GHz, 512 MB DDR Ram but im having problems with my graphics card, a Inno3d Tornado GeForce4 MX. Basicly the screen sorta flickers if theres anything moving, like if i drag a box or scroll down a webpage. You can watch as it refreshes the frames sorta thing.

Everyone is telling me to adjust the refresh rate but when i go to the appropriate place it is greyed out! I think the problem might lie in the fact XP doesnt seem to of recognised i have a card connected becos it isnt listed in device manager.

Ive downloaded the latest drivers so pls dont suggest that. Im going out of my mind here!

JimmyDean

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
It sounds like XP installed the standard VGA drivers. It did that for me, heres what I did with my Palit Mx440. Have the Nvidia drivers unzipped somewhere on your computer. So it has nv4_disp.dll in there. Go to install new hardware or go into the device manager. If there is a yellow exclamation point near a device called Standard VGA device or something like that then go into its properties. Do Upgrade driver, and select the folder where you unzipped the nvidia drivers. It should say compatible list of hardware and just have an mx440. Click ok and it will start installing it the windoze way. If there is no yellow exclamation then use install new hardware. Do the same to install drivers as above. Worked for me

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>
<i> They call em fingers, but I dont see them fing... Woah, there they go</i>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
The USB thing is probably USB 2.0. If you upgraded to SP1 all you need to do is right click on it, go to propeties and click update drivers. The funny thing is that I don't see your display device listed there. Go to <A HREF="http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_44.03" target="_new">Nvidia</A> and download and install the latest detonator drivers. Then in the Contol Panel click on Display, then Settings tab, Advanced, Monitor tab, then adjust the refresh rate to 75 Hertz.

Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer. -- Homer Simpson.

TRENDING THREADS