2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 inch or higher
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080 or higher. Higher resolution, the better.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I would say both...... I would have to carry the laptop too
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not really required....... But i do prefer long battery life
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Medium is my ideal, high would be the best. I would play WoW and Diablo 3
If I do get to play games.......
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I would work with Maya and photoshop.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Higher than100GB and SSD would be an ideal. Since I will use external hard drive anyways
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I'm thinking of buying macbook pro 17inch with i7 quad core. But would Macbook Pro be a good choice for an artist? I see a lot of people using Macbooks. If the laptop is 100% compatible with hackintosh then it would be nice also.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as I can
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Apple........ NO HP
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Want some information about macbook pros and Windows platform laptops and what it is good for art (3D modeling and Photoshop drawing ) purpose
hey mate, i think you should just get a macbook pro, if your gonna do all art stuff, 1 of my friends how amazing at art loves his macs for doing art stuff.... and he plays wow so.... macs should be fine if you only play blizzard games like me, i am a fan boy lol.
But if you dont want a mac, go for one of the asus g series laptops, because they have good cooling http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G74SX/