wimdows xp restarting constantly

Sam

wondows xp is restarting constantly, it goes threw the bios settings and then
onto the windows xp symbol with the blue boxes under it then it just restarts
the computer for no apparent reason.... please help me its gettn REALLY
frustrating

try getting into SAFE mode by pressing F8 right after the first bios text
, then try a system restore to a point before this started happening.

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> wondows xp is restarting constantly, it goes threw the bios settings and
> then
> onto the windows xp symbol with the blue boxes under it then it just
> restarts
> the computer for no apparent reason.... please help me its gettn REALLY
> frustrating

Sam

hi there, already go into safe mode, cant find out any problem with
it....wont let me change to a different restore point. tried the about 10
times. can only use safe mode....
"Kenny S" wrote:

> try getting into SAFE mode by pressing F8 right after the first bios text
> , then try a system restore to a point before this started happening.
>
> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > wondows xp is restarting constantly, it goes threw the bios settings and
> > then
> > onto the windows xp symbol with the blue boxes under it then it just
> > restarts
> > the computer for no apparent reason.... please help me its gettn REALLY
> > frustrating

try this in safe mode:
right click on My COmputer and select ADVANCED tab,
then go to where it says START UP AND RECOVERY and press the
settings button, and uncheck the AUTOMATICALLY restart.

Try restarting and see if you get a blue screen with information on what is
crashing your system.

> hi there, already go into safe mode, cant find out any problem with
> it....wont let me change to a different restore point. tried the about 10
> times. can only use safe mode....
> "Kenny S" wrote:
>
>> try getting into SAFE mode by pressing F8 right after the first bios text
>> , then try a system restore to a point before this started happening.
>>
>> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > wondows xp is restarting constantly, it goes threw the bios settings
>> > and
>> > then
>> > onto the windows xp symbol with the blue boxes under it then it just
>> > restarts
>> > the computer for no apparent reason.... please help me its gettn REALLY
>> > frustrating

Sam

thats a great start.... its a problem with the NTFS.sys file it also says
page fault in a non paged area? whats this? is it to do with the ntfs file?
can i replace this file? how!!!! thanks heaps

"Kenny S" wrote:

> try this in safe mode:
> right click on My COmputer and select ADVANCED tab,
> then go to where it says START UP AND RECOVERY and press the
> settings button, and uncheck the AUTOMATICALLY restart.
>
> Try restarting and see if you get a blue screen with information on what is
> crashing your system.
>

> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi there, already go into safe mode, cant find out any problem with
> > it....wont let me change to a different restore point. tried the about 10
> > times. can only use safe mode....
> > "Kenny S" wrote:
> >
> >> try getting into SAFE mode by pressing F8 right after the first bios text
> >> , then try a system restore to a point before this started happening.
> >>
> >> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

try this:

GO into safe mode and turn off your page file temporarily and restart.
see if you can get into windows, then go and re-enable the page file.
If you dont know how follow these instrunctions:

right click on My COmputer and select ADVANCED tab,
then go to where it says performance and press the
settings button, then go to the ADVANCED tab and press the CHANGE button
on Virtual Memory >>> and select NO PAGING FILE
press ok and restart.

Tell me if this fixes your issue

Kenny

> thats a great start.... its a problem with the NTFS.sys file it also says
> page fault in a non paged area? whats this? is it to do with the ntfs
> file?
> can i replace this file? how!!!! thanks heaps
>

> "Kenny S" wrote:
>
>> try this in safe mode:
>> right click on My COmputer and select ADVANCED tab,
>> then go to where it says START UP AND RECOVERY and press the
>> settings button, and uncheck the AUTOMATICALLY restart.
>>
>> Try restarting and see if you get a blue screen with information on what
>> is
>> crashing your system.
>>

>> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi there, already go into safe mode, cant find out any problem with
>> > it....wont let me change to a different restore point. tried the about
>> > 10
>> > times. can only use safe mode....

Sam

just did that mate... no difference... where is that file? where can i find
it? could i copy it from a windows cd? where does it go? we have had a good
start so far:)