1. What is your budget?
Essentially $1500 USD can be a little more.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 inch, maybe 17.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Any, I don't really care as long as its not horrible.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable that can still play some games.
5. How much battery life do you need?
I would like a laptop that has decent battery life when it comes to surfing the net or using Word.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Don't really care about the quality, just as long as it doesn't lag.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Nothing really, just taking notes for class and programming in Java and in the future C++.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb is enough. If it comes with an SDD then I'm fine with that.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 to 4 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
If it comes with one then I have no problem.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Asus- Nice design, good rep
Sony- Although they have really screwed me on laptops, my friend says their current stuff is pretty good
I really don't mind what brand it is as long as it works.
13. What country do you live in?
Philippines! But going to the States this summer.