Equipment on non-creature permanents ?

Hello !

Just a quick question: If an equipment is attached to a creature and
later the creature becomes a non-creature permanent by any means, does
the equipment stay attached to it or does it "fall off" ?

Thanks in advance,

M.G.Palmer

"M.G.Palmer" <SatoshiUrotsukidoji@gmx.de> writes:
> Just a quick question: If an equipment is attached to a creature and
> later the creature becomes a non-creature permanent by any means, does
> the equipment stay attached to it or does it "fall off" ?

It falls off.

,----[ Magic Comp. Rules (http://www.wizards.com/magic/comprules) ]

`----

> Thanks in advance,

You're very welcome.

--
Peter C.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I

M.G.Palmer <SatoshiUrotsukidoji@gmx.de> wrote:
>Just a quick question: If an equipment is attached to a creature and
>later the creature becomes a non-creature permanent by any means, does
>the equipment stay attached to it or does it "fall off" ?

It falls off; a noncreature permanent is illegal for an Equipment to be
attached to. The Equipment becomes unattached and is now Just An Artifact.

Dave

M.G.Palmer, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
> Hello !
>
> Just a quick question: If an equipment is attached to a creature and
> later the creature becomes a non-creature permanent by any means, does
> the equipment stay attached to it or does it "fall off" ?

It would fall off, since it's no longer equipping a legal permanent
(equipment can inherently only equip creatures). It's much like if you
put a creature enchantment on something that stops being a creature,
except that the equipment does remain in play.