error 10013

Whenever I start up my computer I get this error icon that say error 10013"
the requested address is a broadcast address but flag is not set "??? I
recently uninstalled avg free edition and installed the local cable companys
firewall and antivirus but they said it has nothing to do with that??? The
icon has a "ok" button on it and when I click it it goes away until I restart
the computer?? Thanks Brian

The issue is caused by a smart firewall. Could be your hardware firewall or anti-virus program. Sorry to tell you, but your cable company is 100% wrong in telling you different. What is happening is that the firewall or anti-virus program is possibly blocking a port (typically this is port 6050). If you temporarily disable your firewall or software firewall (probably built-in to your anti-virus program) then reboot, the problem should be resolved. In which case you may want to start hunting for another security package. One that works very well is ESET 32. Give this a shot and keep me posted on the results.

-Angel

A+, Net+, I-Net+, CIW, MCP, MCSA, and DELL Premier Certified. 10+ years exp.