I told you it would be monday. :smile:

<font color=red>GeneticWeapon</font color=red> = "Optimized"
Related resources
June 23, 2003 7:36:02 PM

Thank you.

June 23, 2003 7:55:52 PM

Quote:
The 3DMark2003 shader optimizations found in previous CATALYST™ releases have been removed

Brave people!

--
If I could see the Matrix, I'd tell you I am only seeing 0s inside your head! :tongue:
June 23, 2003 7:59:35 PM

Hmmm.

Does that mean only the ones that were "found" have been removed...?
Strange wording.
June 23, 2003 8:12:13 PM

I hope Nvidia keeps cheating. I like inflated scores, and I plan on bragging about them when I benchmark tomarrow.
I hope my Ti4200 kicks 3DMark2001SE's ass.
I cant install my card untill tomarrow because my girlfriend bought it for me, and tomarrows my 34th birthday :smile:

June 23, 2003 8:49:24 PM

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

June 23, 2003 11:46:26 PM

Yes get your buggy ATi driver fix at once.

PS do the math: 300 fixes in a year!

<b>Fixed in this driver:</b>
The system is not responding when playing Quake II with the OpenGL option set to default, and the video mode set to 1024x768 is now resolved
Setting the display resolution to 1027x768 and running the Unreal Tournament 2003 benchmark with Anti-Aliasing enabled, no longer results in the system rebooting
The system rebooting when attempting to start a new game of Ballistic Forces is now resolved
Enabling Direct3D as the rendering device and setting the display resolution to 1600x1200 in the game Descent 3 no longer results in the game failing to play
The shadow flickering beneath the car when choosing Quick Race in Nascar Racing 2003 is now resolved
Setting the display resolution to 1024x768 32bpp and enabling OpenGL no longer results in the ground being discolored in the game IL2 Forgotten Battles
Connecting a secondary display and enabling extended desktop, followed by running Soldier of Fortune 2 no longer results in a flickering display
The game Unreal Tournament 2003 no longer hangs when loading the CTF-December level
The game Unreal Tournament 2003 no longer displays corruption when Anti-Alasing is enabled
Setting the display options to 1600x1200 32bpp in the Hot Wheels Velocity X game no longer results in the menu screen not being displayed
Display corruption is no longer noticed when playing the game Earth 2150 and the game resolution is set to 1024x768
Playing the game Nascar Racing 2003 in OpenGL mode no longer results in the display going black
Exiting the game Age of Empire II no longer results in display not being restored properly
Playing the game Serious Sam 2 with the display resolution set to 1024x768 32bpp no longer results in the wrong OpenGL renderer being listed when setting the graphics to OpenGL
The game A Tale in the Desert no longer pauses during game play and no longer causes the system to randomly stop responding
Enabling Pixel Shaders in the game Asheron's Call 2 no longer results in display corruption appearing as the game is played
Playing the game Project IGI2: Covert Strike with a RADEON™ 9700 series card installed in t

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jiffy on 06/23/03 07:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
June 24, 2003 3:59:31 AM

Man you switch sides too easily!

--
If I could see the Matrix, I'd tell you I am only seeing 0s inside your head! :tongue:
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2003 7:14:08 AM

I'd rather have fixes than cheats any day. An don't pretend Nvidia doesn't have bugs galore. You can't be that ignorant of a card your about o buy. Unless you really do work for thei PR deparment, and get payed o look the other way.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: 
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2003 7:46:28 AM

Eden happy Stjean! Go drink some Maudite and eat some Sugar Pie! :eek: 

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: 
June 24, 2003 11:54:45 AM

Hmmm, let me just pick a few fixes:
*The game Unreal Tournament 2003 no longer hangs when loading the CTF-December level
*The game Unreal Tournament 2003 no longer displays corruption when Anti-Alasing is enabled

....a little late with the fixes. Problems like this I would think someone would start sending parts back and begin the format process.

……..display corruption, texture disappearing, Objects flickering, hangs, system is not responding, system rebooting, display going black, pauses, shadow flickering ect, ect……
If the driver issue is a thing of the past, I sure hate to see what they were like in the past.

Well for me this kind of trouble would be unacceptable. Since Nv is working with game programmers and making sure they use Nv card and test on them first, also Nv logo are on some games and some places require a Nv cards, I would say that puts Nv right up there for compatible. Leaving ATi to fix any problems that will follow, hack a lot of test can’t be run, because the drivers for ATi card doesn’t work or doesn’t do them justice, but later they come back with a driver, hmm, wonder who is really doing the optimizing. Let alone there is no telling how long the fixes will take for a game to come out, or if they will catch them all, guess mean while you may have to reboot your system just like back in the good old 9X days, until they do get the fix you need. Nv bug galore, ok if you say so, though I don’t recall such issue and I doubt very much it would hold a candle to ATi bug galore. I heard of a few problems with the FX driver, but let’s cut them some slack, since ATi gets all the slack in the world, fare? I don’t think so, giving ATi cards have been out longer, and Nv has been under change.

Is Nv cheating? I guess that all depends who you ask. I’m sure each card does the best they can to make there card look good, and ATi has had longer to do so. I like to consider it optimizing there drivers, since they both do that, why wouldn’t they? Be it by programming or what not, sometimes the fat has to be cut somewhere, which I can understand. Show me two still pic’s of cut IQ and let me decide. Either way I don’t get that deep into it like some of you do, besides no matter what there is no convincing the ATi fanb’s. All the test I see show Nv as the faster card, some are back and fourth, either way one doesn’t really blow the other away, but regardless it’s still the same old story that Nv is cheating. No matter if these test where just done with recognition of the optimizing, and in fact no matter what as long as the Nv comes out on top it must have been done with cheating drivers. If ATi comes out on top then that must be accurate test, where Nv couldn’t cheat. Maybe we should count the test that ATi can’t run and give them a big 0 for that test, instead of giving them the chance to come back with an optimized driver, but only Nv does that, ATi is as clean as a whistle.

It doesn’t seem like there is any end to the Nv is a cheat or there cards suck, so lets all just recommend ATi cards based on that, even if the fact is the FX card kicks ass. But hay lets not forget the driver issue with the ATi cards, or the h3ll some people will go threw getting these cards to work, especially the ones that had a Nv card previously. So sure Nv is a big cheat, there cards suck, and ATi is the only way to go there cards are perfect, not a single problem, and these two drivers fixes don’t mean or say squat.

ATI Catalyst 3.4 Drivers..

Fixed in this driver:

* The display corruption noticed around the wheels in the game FI Racing Championship is now resolved
* The health meter not being drawn in the game Bounty Hunter is now resolved
* Texture corruption in the game Combat Flight Simulator 3 is now resolved
* The binocular view not displaying properly in the game Project IGI2 is now resolved
* Objects flickering in and out of view when playing Deadly Demo is now resolved
* The display corruption noticed in Battlecruiser Millennium when placing the mouse cursor over the menu buttons is now resolved
* The ground color not displaying correctly when playing the Jurassic Park demo is now resolved
* The display corruption noticed when playing Heli Heroes is now resolved
* The texture disappearing in the game AirStrike3D is now resolved
* The General Protection Fault error appearing when playing Unreal 2; The Awakening is now resolved
* The system not responding with playing the game SimCity 4 is now resolved
* The system not responding when task switching between an OpenGL game and the desktop is now resolved
* Full Screen Anti-Aliasing not being available when playing Anarchy Online is now resolved
* The system failing to respond after pressing the ESC key when playing Half-life Counter Strike is now resolved
* The display corruption noticed when running the CodeCreatures benchmark in a system contining a RADEON™ 9200 is now resolved
* The display corruption issue when using the send to DV camera feature found in MovieMaker2 is now resolved
* Playing *.rm files using the RealPlayer with Overlay Theater Mode enabled no longer results in screen corruption being displayed on a secondary CRT
* TV performance being slow and choppy when running an application in the background is now resolved
* The display corruption noticed when playing a DVD in TV Theater mode on a secondary display is now resolved
* The ATI D3D/OpenGL tab not retaining the correct format when a secondary CRT is connected is now resolved
* The display panel's icons disappearing when using an FPD and TV is now resolved
* The system not responding after previewing the 3D Liquid Desktop screensaver is now resolved
* The overlay pixel duplication noticed when the display resolution is set above 1600x1200 is now resolved
* The resolution changing to 640x480 32bpp when checking the optimized format for 480i in the YpbPR settings page is now resolved
* The display corruption noticed when a system returns from hibernate mode is now resolved
* The blue box border noticed around cached URL addresses is now resolved
* The system not responding when hot plugging a DFP monitor is now resolved
* A TV connection being falsely detected when booting the system is now resolved
* Only half of the image being displayed on an HDTV when outputting from the VGA connector is now resolved
* An error message being displayed when attempting to install the display driver from the ATI web site is now resolved

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jiffy on 06/24/03 07:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
June 24, 2003 12:19:55 PM

Strange that I play most of those games and never had any problems. 9700pro user here btw. Dont take things so seriously lol... Honestly, Ati is just listening to its customers and fixing problems that occur in very rare situations most of the time. So when they say this driver fixes this game they mean that on a few systems this driver fixes this problem on this specific card. In reality most people dont have a problem.

I play UT2003 loads and it never crashes/hangs or displays corruption for example. But 1% of people out there will have a specific card on a specific motherboard using a version of an agp driver that might cause a problem, and this fixes it.

On the whole cheating issue, ATI admitted to "optimising" in the last release and removed them from this one, while Nvidea still say their innocent...lol

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=945569" target="_new"> MY RIG </A>
<font color=red> 120% overclocker </font color=red> (cheapskate)
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2003 12:21:20 PM

Well an NV fanboi can't be convinced either. Why should we cut NV any slack, aren't they the Rock of Gibraltar? Oh it's a new process. Yeah that's it, whatever. They BOTH have issues, but your love of NV makes you blind to the issues alot of people have. Fine you haven't had an issue, probably because you're very limited in your experience. I haven't had many ATI issues, but that IS because I only play a few games that there have been FEW issues for (Morrowind Truform issue is an issue with a 'hacked patch' not Ati's fault).

BTW, link to a list (like Rage3D) you KNOB, instead of wasting so much space.

And I guess Nvidia fans are fine with poor quality images a that's why they bought their cards instead of ones with better quality picture. If you want stills just read the threads in here instead of sharing NV PR. Go to HardOCP, Beyond3D, Anadntech. All of them have extensive examples of the poor IQ of Nvidia's cards. Just look for the FutureMurk articles too to see examples of ever changing IQ to improve scores.
Nv hides their failures in hopes that people don't notice, ATI's been pretty candid about their issues and have done a pretty good job fixing them. Fat is that the fixes mean they are better not current issues. That makes hem better. And 'the way it's meant to be played' hasn't kept issus from kreeping up in the NV camp either. So it simply a PR ploy. Kinda like your post.

Now respond again and try and double you post length again, because volume will = quality; well at least that would be typical NV PR. Bigger Specs, Faster Speed, More Noise! Yipee!

June 24, 2003 12:31:50 PM

Urgh! Where's my fanboi spray?

ATI vs Nvidia is so last year...

(yay for new drivers)
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2003 12:34:47 PM

Yes I am a Fanboi, but the funny thing is it's for Matrox. Just can't buy one of their cards right now! Oh well wasted enthusiasm!

June 24, 2003 12:38:25 PM

Nothing wrong with Matrox (I don't play games that much); are the 2D gubbins in Matrox's cards still the best?
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2003 12:48:37 PM

Exactly my Man! Exactly! Still Best in the Biz!
But only gamers talk here it seems (except the occasional Flamethrower post about Quadros), so I have nothing to crow about.

Edit: I considered a Matrox G550/450 for my 'work' rig but decided I might do occasional gaming on it (like Morrowind) so I went with an R9000 Non-pro, which is OK quality and was a little more robust in game playing (but nothing special) AND a little cheaper.
Now that I have a seperate 'gaming' rig, I kinda wish I had gone with the G450 just to compare, but things are OK so I can't complain. I'm just happy with my older Matrox (milenium 4mb) at the cottage, just like some love their old Voodoo cards. I just wish the Matroxes were tops again. Never had a problem with them.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:  <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheGreatGrapeApe on 06/24/03 07:07 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
June 24, 2003 1:35:15 PM

Well I think its the ATi fan boys that need the spraying, there the ones that just go around bashing Nv. And I only bother to post because I’m sick of it! I actually think both cards are good, each with there good and bad, but lets just go around repeating Nv is a cheat and they suck, over and over and over and lets not get past that or try to find any thing positive, but just look for negative. Shame on me for lowering myself to their level, but I’m sick of it. I could give a darn about all this to tell the truth, but danm this thread is filled with mud throwing and it’s mostly one way and I think it’s useless. I don’t want to go to war over Nv vs ATi, because I rather concentrate on the good things about the cards and if people are only going to concentrate on the negative how are they going to recognize the plus’s? Their not!

O well I could give a danm, but if people continual to do this, and then I’m going to look at this thread as useless.

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.
June 24, 2003 2:00:48 PM

ATI fanboys can be just as bad (even though NV deserved a kicking for the leaf blower); I am just sick of anyone who allows something as benign as a PCB to bring out their tribalism...
June 24, 2003 2:43:36 PM

Yeah the leaf blower was a bad ideal. I think that card has been discontinued and Nv doesn’t even list it on their sight anymore. Let me take a shot at that, I believe that was do to the DDR2 memory, but the new cards are back to plan DDR so they don’t get as warm, they lowered the clock, but the memory bandwidth is up to 27.2 GB and kicking butt.
So sure the leaf blower sucks, but IMHO the new cards have potential. Does anyone recognize this, does anyone care? A few, but a lot keep bashing and don’t keep it separated, so there for all Nv suck or are cheats, and no matter what they aren’t going to change their mind, there the one that is refusing to recognize a contender their the ones limited them self by only hearing or seeing what they want. And what help do these people offer a person with a Nv card? Well you should return that card at once and get a ATi card. Not very helpful if you ask me, but hay I can’t stop people from going around and saying that or Nv sucks, Nv is a cheat. But hay if a lot of people are ATi fans I guess they can get away with those kind of remarks.

Hay I don’t want to help someone, I just want to jump in and say Nv sucks, Nv is a cheat, you should of got an ATi card. Do we need this useless posting, o well guess there isn’t anything that can be done about it. I never cared what anybody thought of me, call me what you will I’ll take it with a smile, and IMHO these poster are useless, because they only see one side of things and have nothing better to do then go around spreading the love.

a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2003 3:22:05 PM

Quote:
but danm this thread is filled with mud throwing and it’s mostly one way

What a load a Frakin' Tripe! YOU came into an ATI Catalyst Thread (mainly posted to let people know that they are availible) and YOU started throwing the MUD; here lemme quote your sorry apoligetic/apoplectic ass "Yes get your buggy ATi driver fix at once.". Don't play FAQin' innocent.
You're a big NVidiot PR-boy, and don't tell me "I don’t want to go to war over Nv vs ATi, because I rather concentrate on the good things about the cards" Because I haven't seen you ONCE give props to ATI. Just defending NV with your tired excuses. I have promoted Nvidia; their PNY Quadros ARE Great, and I said (at the time of release [not knowing what we know now]) the 5900U and 5600Urev.2 both looked good, I still recommend GF4s for people looking for cards on the cheap, and I don't criticize people for the purchases they've already made unlike some people (including yourself), and I pump Matrox whenerver I think it's appropriate (but I'm a realist) for multi-head apps and for the best 2D performance (and if you want to play a game on 3 montiors at 5 FPS). I have also criticized ATI for cheating too (hate that both do it, but it appears there is still a larger leaning in one direction).
So don't give me the BS that you wanna play nice until your actions prove it. As for considering the thread useless FINE, it wasn't meant for YOU anyways, however your Nvidiot brain couldn't keep you from entering an stirring the pot and slinging the $h!t, cause that's ALL you do around here. Contribute something USEFULL instead of blanket BS.
Now come back nd complain that I'm a typical ATI fanboi (which would be ignorant on your part) and prove me wrong, that you actually HAVE something to contribute around here.

Prove me wrong! Make a Faq'in difference in a POSITIVE way!

<b>EDIT:</b>
Quote:
Hay I don’t want to help someone, I just want to jump in and say Nv sucks,

Now if you only switch the NV to ATI that would describe you to a T. Especially the other part about trying to spread the love and only trying to pimp your maker.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:  <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheGreatGrapeApe on 06/24/03 09:25 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
June 24, 2003 3:36:52 PM

Zing!

GreatGrapeApe: 1
Jiffy: 0

Service!
June 24, 2003 4:45:34 PM

Quote:
So sure the leaf blower sucks

That would be blow :smile:

If ati sucks? and Nv blows? Doesn't that mean, everything is neutral???
June 24, 2003 4:46:51 PM

I mean really, if, the leaf blower sucked.... then it would be a LEAF SUCKER. see?
June 24, 2003 5:03:50 PM

I said all I had to say about it and I’m backing off, because I really do have better things to do, and there is no winning or losing. I don’t care what card someone gets, just don’t think we need the bashing, either way that goes, surely we can do better then just Nv sucks. At least when I attack ATi I had more be hind it then they just suck. I said what I had to say and did what I did, right or wrong.

[Cleeve]

dude you don’t even deserve your own reply to your Zing! Since your one of the Top idiots

June 24, 2003 5:06:19 PM

Not sure if it sucks or blows, it did cross my mind to cover that. :wink:

June 24, 2003 6:51:46 PM

Dude, your opine aint worth $hit. You're an Nvidiot, doncha know.

By the way, nobody makes the top idiot list unless willamete_sucks tells them so.

Zing! Point! Match!
June 24, 2003 7:33:58 PM

HOOOOAAAHHH CLEEVE!

Cleeve: 1
Grape: 1
Jiffy: 0

JIF, be honest unto yourself! You do care who wins otherwise you wouldn't keep doing this! I've noticed it too; Every time someone asks for advice on purchasing you always point to nVidia even if there happens to be a better choice from ATi. Every time you try to say "Oh I don't really care about it (the card wars)" it gets harder and harder to believe you. Every post of yours I've seen has labeled ATi as being inferior for BS or untrue reasons, with a generic "oh, but ATi is really okay" shortly thereafter. If a man can think of decent reasons for why something is inferior, whether I agree or not, I'll give him a listen, but when he goes around blowing about something and then lying to cover it up, that just makes us realize how you truly think.

Tit for tat, butter for fat, ATi's dog kicks nVidia's cat

(Maximum PC)
June 25, 2003 4:32:53 AM

Just wanted to add, for 15% more performance per clock, the FX5900 Ultra CAN DO BETTER. It has a 450MHZ core clock but with fixed IPC, and 27GB/sec of bandwidth. Feels so wasted IMO.

I've already made my opinion about it in a HUGE POST when it came out. Got even kudos for it.

--
June 25, 2003 4:39:28 AM

Jiffy Wake up you idiot.
Not EVERYONE experiences those problems.
Sometimes its for a specific card (9000 Pro, etc.) or some1 with a specific set up.

I have no problems in ut2k3 thankyou.

You really are a Grade-A moron.

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd
June 25, 2003 4:49:22 AM

PS, you can't SPELL or TYPE correctly, or even make fully comprehendable sentences.

So STFU ALREADY!

All your arguments thus far are CRAP!

YOU DIE NOW MR. FARGOTMAN!!!

June 25, 2003 4:57:59 AM

And Cleeve, I hereby declare Jiffy one of this Forums TOP IDIOTS!

a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2003 8:39:58 AM

Quote:
Got even kudos for it.

MMM KUDOS, tasty!

I didn't think you could get KUDOS in Canada, I thought it was only stateside. :tongue:

June 25, 2003 8:35:45 PM

I'm gonna get you you beaver-hunting furry coated "boot" wearing igloo living canuck!

--
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2003 6:17:54 AM

Yes and I'll make you look like the Ranger in the Kokanee ads! Catch me little man while I snowblade down your mout-aines (French pronunciation) and Oggle your Women! :tongue:

June 26, 2003 8:19:01 AM

Geez I was hoping to read about how the new drivers were working. Instead there is post after post of NV VS ATI. How are the drivers working? I took my 9500 out because the drivers sucked so bad. Need a good reson to put it back in.
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2003 8:34:44 AM

Well here's your opportunity, what's the specific problem?
If you were looking for bug discussions, the go to Rage3D, there's a HUGE Catalyst thread there. This thread was simply to announce the fact that the new drivers were availible. As for the ATI vs NV sidetrack, you can thank Shadus for that in his typical style.

June 26, 2003 8:59:08 AM

Thanks. I will check out the site. As far as the problems I was having... The system was just unstable. Lockups, sugishness, rendering problems in some games. My Geforce 3 just works better. ATI looks better but not worth the problems. I was running cats 3.2 on an athalon 2100+, soyo dragom+ MB with 512MB PC2100 ram and antec 350 watt power supply.
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2003 10:22:01 AM

Well you might wanna try the CAT 3.5s (but eve that might not do it depending on the reason)

Did you completely eradicate the Det drivers before installing the ATI? If so it may be something else (maybe not even related to the drivers but to some other incompatibility issues)

Without specifics it's hard to tell.

June 26, 2003 11:40:38 AM

Ive tried that Cat3.5's...
was blindingly fast and crisp before... blindingly fast and crisp now.

LOL

<b>Melb_angel: PooBaa's <A HREF="http://www.secretarythemovie.com" target="_new">Secretary!</A></b>
!