I have had a problem with WindowsXP lately where when the computer goes into
stand-by mode I have to log in twice. The first time I log in I see my
desktop come up as it was before then it's like I automatically get logged
out. So I log in again and everything is fine.

Have checked KB and Windows support but could not find anything.

Any ideas what could be the problem? I can't recall whether I saw this
behavior prior to upgrading to SP2. I also have automatic updates enabled.

Thanks!

Joe

"SwoboVike" <swobo_vike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have had a problem with WindowsXP lately where when the computer goes
>into stand-by mode I have to log in twice. The first time I log in I see my
>desktop come up as it was before then it's like I automatically get logged
>out. So I log in again and everything is fine.
>
> Have checked KB and Windows support but could not find anything.
>
> Any ideas what could be the problem? I can't recall whether I saw this
> behavior prior to upgrading to SP2. I also have automatic updates enabled.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joe

You may have "prompt for passwords when computer resumes from standby"
enabled. To disable, Control Panel>Display Properties>Screen
Saver>Power>Advance> then uncheck "prompt for passwords when computer
resumes from standby".

--
William