another question sorry

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I am pretty well versed in windows xp but after using this operating system
for years I've run across a problem I've never seen before it says the
following:

Set up has experienced an error

Please do the following:
Close any running Programs
empty ur temporary folder
Check your internet connector

Then try to run set up again

Error code -6006

I've done all it said and still wont install my game. It did this when I
reinstalled windows last nite as well when I tried to install my drivers for
my motherboard and video card had to do those manually thanks for any help

Anthony

Don't know if this is related to your problem or not, but I was having
similar problems both installing software and even installing Windows.
Turns out the problem was a bad memory module. This was the only
indication of the bad module, as the boot up memory checks worked fine
and the system ran fine. I found the source of the problem when, in
desperation, I tried removing one of my two 256M modules and the install
problems went away. Reinstalling the module reintroduced the problems,
and after replacing it problems have not recurred.