XP service pack2

I received the service pack 2 disk from microsoft and it will not fulley
install. It runs through the extracting file portion and just stops? No error
messages or anything.
I also cannot download this from the update site and I have automate updates
turned on. I did have xp 2 but uninstalled it due to a couple of issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Scott
1 answer Last reply
More about service pack2

    Scott;
    Follow the Service Pack Installation Checklist:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I received the service pack 2 disk from microsoft and it will not fulley
    > install. It runs through the extracting file portion and just stops? No
    > error
    > messages or anything.
    > I also cannot download this from the update site and I have automate
    > updates
    > turned on. I did have xp 2 but uninstalled it due to a couple of issues.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks Scott

Microsoft Windows XP